No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Decanter Stoppers in London, UK?  (Read 2038 times)

Offline Dilly

• Members
Decanter Stoppers in London, UK?
« on: October 11, 2009, 07:01:58 PM »
I have two decanters without stoppers. One is a green Holmegaard Klik-Klak (I think that is the right name),and the other a clear block like Stromberg. Would anybody be able to point me in the right direction to find some kind of replacement stoppers. Thanks

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
Re: Decanter Stoppers in London, UK?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 09:19:51 PM »
The Holmegaard one (proper name is klukflaske in Danish, and were marketed under the 'Cluck-Cluck' moniker in English) would have originally had a clear, uncut, solid ball-shaped stopper. You can usually find stoppers along the correct lines at antique fairs , and sometimes on eBay in joblots of other stoppers.

Getting them to fit is a pain, but you could always send off a suitable and slightly over-sized replacement to a glass restorer and have them 'shave' some glass off to get it to fit for a relatively small amount. Or, if the decanters are terribly special ones, you could likely get new ones blown for you for around the £30-£40 mark.

Offline Dilly

• Members
Re: Decanter Stoppers in London, UK?
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 10:59:37 PM »
Thank You Pinkspoons that is extremely helpful.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand