Author Topic: A new find? unsigned? maybe scandinavian? help please? ID = Chřibská  (Read 677 times)

Offline BRADBURY7308

• Members
Walking past my local hospice shop today i saw this vase glistening in the window? I nearly fell over my own feet to get in the shop which was full i felt like fainting untill it was in my hands! I think glass collecting has gone a little too far i really felt faint? Anyhow i picked it up and it felt nice and heavy it weighs a tad under 2kg and 10" tall and it was in wonderfull condition i was stung yesterday with a vase that i thought was old but was not so i looked more closely for signs of some age it had lots to the really highly polished foot and just screamed buy me so getting my breath back i bought it and took another chance after buying an early christmas present yesterday for my girlfriend. Fingers crossed this is maybe a more sucstantial piece or i might after consider not going in charity shops as my mistakes are sometimes out weighing the time i spend in them lol.. I guess this could be the case for many people i dont know? thanks for looking dan..
 :chky:

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
    • Wilson & Coleman
Re: A new find? unsigned? maybe scandinavian? help please?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 08:42:30 PM »
Chřibská, I believe.

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 08:56:41 PM »
dont worry i have outer body experiences when i see a piece of glass from a distance and get into a panick because i dont think i can get there in time... it all goes into slow motion and every old dear with a shopping trolley gets right in front of me... one day i will climb onto one and jump from one to the next like you see in the films... only its normally cars there jumping accross..
yep Chribska, you see them on a clear, lime green and pink colouring too, infact i think there was one on the board a couple of days ago
michelle

Offline BRADBURY7308

• Members
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 09:47:06 PM »
Great my first decent piece of sklo union glass i wonder if the moderator might be able to change the title to the affect that it chribska including a designer id please as the only similar vase ive seen doesnt seem to have an id on the actual designer! please! The omment about the trolly very funny i thought the strange feling of seein a piece across a shop might quite common thanks!! :hiclp:

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
    • Wilson & Coleman
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 09:52:30 PM »
Designer will be Josef Hospodka... production is probably c.1970s - I'm sure someone will be able to confirm (or deny!).

It's not Sklo Union, however - they were a group of Czech glassworks that produced only pressed glass wares.

Offline BRADBURY7308

• Members
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2009, 10:06:32 PM »
Thanks for correcting that!! Its good to learn thankyou! :-[

Sklounion

Re: A new find? unsigned? maybe scandinavian? help please? ID = Chřibská
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2009, 05:58:13 AM »
Designer will be Josef Hospodka

Arrrgggghhhh!!!!!! :hb2: :hb2: :hb2: :hb2: :hb2: :hb2:

There are several other designers associated with this factory:
František Koudelka, Josef Starosta, Ludvika Smrčková and Ladislav Oliva.

Please, please, please, stop making this assumption that if it is Chřibská, it is automatically a Hospodka design....

M

Offline BRADBURY7308

• Members
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2009, 07:16:59 AM »
Hi thanks for your reply marcus i must admit the pieces of highly coloured glass ive searched on ebay and found dont seem to me to carry the overall quality of this item, The glass has a clarity that is un-believeable and the inner part of the vase is like a deceptive glass and when viewed from above the piece looks similar to the small flowers in paper weight when looking down the base.  :hiclp:

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
    • Wilson & Coleman
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2009, 11:38:04 AM »
Oops, sorry.  :-[

I should probably just stick to my Danish glass...

Search
eBay.com
eBay.co.uk

Link to Glass Encyclopedia
Link to Glass Museum
Enter
key words
to search
Amazon.com