No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: List of glassmakers in Germany  (Read 19593 times)

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
List of glassmakers in Germany
« on: January 24, 2008, 10:18:56 AM »
At least, I think that's what it is! My German is not good enough to say for sure but this appears to be a listing of surnames and the glassmakers they were connected with (possibly a genealogical resource but no doubt has other uses) http://klauskunze.com/heikun/glasmacher/glasmacher-register.html - flagging it here in case it's useful to anyone.
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
Re: List of glassmakers in Germany
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 10:56:08 AM »
Essentially an extract from the book GLASMACHER SIPPENBUCH by Klaus Kunze ISBN 3-933334-10-1 A comprehensive geneaology, I think the list is just an example for search engines etc. It seems to stop at 1820 too unfortunately my mothers family are not their... but Carmen's is, unfortunately with no info against it...

runs at least from
1300 Glasehusen, Johannes de Glasehusen 1300 Ratsherr in Heiligenstadt

to  1905 Becker, August Friedrich Wilhelm *Osternburg

There is a lot of glass history in that country. This book has great detail for deep research. Not it only covers the  Werra-Weser-Bergland region (eastern part of Germany) which excludes a lot.

Could move to glass...

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Re: List of glassmakers in Germany
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 12:15:27 PM »
OK will do Frank, thanks. I wasn't sure how relevant it was hence the Cafe post initially.
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
Useful for current German company info
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 04:47:54 PM »

Offline Dhibbeln

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Glassworks Of Hibbeln
    • United States
Wilhhelm Hibbeln - De Glasmof - Wickede - Raeburg Glasworks -
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2018, 04:58:31 PM »
Hello. I am researching the history of my great-great uncle Wilhelm Hibbeln of Holland. He was an major wholesaler of gas articles from 1869 to 1903.  His firm sold by a direct sales force all over europe to retail stores. He sold mining lamps, kerosene lamps, packing glass, gas lighting fixtures, and cut glass, and appliances for manufactured gas.  He owned  glass factories in Wickede and Radeburg Germany.  We know that he sold " val saint lambert" cut glass as wholesaler and may have been involved at one time with production/ownership there. There is some mention of purchases of cut glass from "Bohemia".  His plant in Wickede supplied the gas-lighting equipment for the Eiffel Tower.  So far we cannot locate any catalogs or advertisements of products he sold. Even tho he had up to 1,500 employee he functioned as a sole proprietor so we do not have a "brand" name for his products. We do have some invoices, but they are generic in the naming of items sold.  An article on him can be found at    https://horl.yolasite.com/glasmof.php  Any assistance would be welcome.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand