Glass Identification - Post here for all ID requests > Glass

Cylindrical bud vase

(1/3) > >>

Margi:
Could someone please put me out of my misery.  Here is my cylindrical bud vase of which I have found very similar ones whilst researching but the trapped air bubble (pictured) looks larger than mine.  There is only one air bubble.  It stands 22cm tall and is 4.5cm diameter.  Who is it please or is it imitating the Swedish glassworks.

langhaugh:
Margi:

I'd have difficulty believing that the bubble was put there intentionally. It looks so lonely and insignificant. Is it a cased charcoal piece? How is the rim finished? And what's the base like? In other words, I don't recognize it. But I can't see it very clearly, either. Perhaps taking a picture against a white background would help. Meanwhile, how do we get help to that bubble?

David

Margi:
Hello David thanks for replying.  I have my suspicion that it is trying to imitate Kosta Boda with the single trapped air bubble (I think that is who the glassworks were on the ones I have seen) but also if I remember correctly that it also was not arched but flat where the bud actually goes?  It definately is Not a piece of charcoal but a defined bubble.  The rim is ground and highly polished.  The base has a slight concave and again is hhighly polished with a small circle rright in the centre.  The glass is approx 2-3mm thick.  The bottom of my vase looks like it has another level on the photo but it doesn't it is purely camera trickery.
I will try to get better photos later today.

langhaugh:
Margi:

Most Scandinavian companies did a version of the bubble vase. Kosta might have been the first with Pippi, that's off the top of my hedr, but iitala, Aseda, and a quite a few others, including some recent non Scandinavian companies, also had versions.

I know it's a bubble, not charcoal. Sorry, I didn't explain myself very clearly. I mean the interior of the vase was coloured charcoal.

Come to think of, that's not a bad idea, putting charcoal in.

David

Margi:
Better pictures I hope  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version