No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: A new find? unsigned? maybe scandinavian? help please? ID = Chřibská  (Read 1830 times)

Offline BRADBURY7308

• Members
Walking past my local hospice shop today i saw this vase glistening in the window? I nearly fell over my own feet to get in the shop which was full i felt like fainting untill it was in my hands! I think glass collecting has gone a little too far i really felt faint? Anyhow i picked it up and it felt nice and heavy it weighs a tad under 2kg and 10" tall and it was in wonderfull condition i was stung yesterday with a vase that i thought was old but was not so i looked more closely for signs of some age it had lots to the really highly polished foot and just screamed buy me so getting my breath back i bought it and took another chance after buying an early christmas present yesterday for my girlfriend. Fingers crossed this is maybe a more sucstantial piece or i might after consider not going in charity shops as my mistakes are sometimes out weighing the time i spend in them lol.. I guess this could be the case for many people i dont know? thanks for looking dan..
 :chky:

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
Re: A new find? unsigned? maybe scandinavian? help please?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 08:42:30 PM »
Chřibská, I believe.

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 08:56:41 PM »
dont worry i have outer body experiences when i see a piece of glass from a distance and get into a panick because i dont think i can get there in time... it all goes into slow motion and every old dear with a shopping trolley gets right in front of me... one day i will climb onto one and jump from one to the next like you see in the films... only its normally cars there jumping accross..
yep Chribska, you see them on a clear, lime green and pink colouring too, infact i think there was one on the board a couple of days ago
michelle

Offline BRADBURY7308

• Members
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 09:47:06 PM »
Great my first decent piece of sklo union glass i wonder if the moderator might be able to change the title to the affect that it chribska including a designer id please as the only similar vase ive seen doesnt seem to have an id on the actual designer! please! The omment about the trolly very funny i thought the strange feling of seein a piece across a shop might quite common thanks!! :hiclp:

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 09:52:30 PM »
Designer will be Josef Hospodka... production is probably c.1970s - I'm sure someone will be able to confirm (or deny!).

It's not Sklo Union, however - they were a group of Czech glassworks that produced only pressed glass wares.

Offline BRADBURY7308

• Members
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2009, 10:06:32 PM »
Thanks for correcting that!! Its good to learn thankyou! :-[

Sklounion

Re: A new find? unsigned? maybe scandinavian? help please? ID = Chřibská
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2009, 05:58:13 AM »
Designer will be Josef Hospodka

Arrrgggghhhh!!!!!! :hb2: :hb2: :hb2: :hb2: :hb2: :hb2:

There are several other designers associated with this factory:
František Koudelka, Josef Starosta, Ludvika Smrčková and Ladislav Oliva.

Please, please, please, stop making this assumption that if it is Chřibská, it is automatically a Hospodka design....

M

Offline BRADBURY7308

• Members
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2009, 07:16:59 AM »
Hi thanks for your reply marcus i must admit the pieces of highly coloured glass ive searched on ebay and found dont seem to me to carry the overall quality of this item, The glass has a clarity that is un-believeable and the inner part of the vase is like a deceptive glass and when viewed from above the piece looks similar to the small flowers in paper weight when looking down the base.  :hiclp:

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2009, 11:38:04 AM »
Oops, sorry.  :-[

I should probably just stick to my Danish glass...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand