No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Archimedes Seguso Vase  (Read 2682 times)

Offline ardy

• Members
Archimedes Seguso Vase
« on: October 18, 2009, 10:59:21 PM »
I promised David that I would do a little 'show and tell' on this vase I picked up a few months ago. I didn't plan to bring it here as I thought it was clear enough what it was.

I wasn't enamoured with this when I bought it but since I have had it in my display I just love it. There is hardly a time of the day I haven't admired it, it particularly looks good at night with the lamp next to it.

9 1/4" tall and about 1.5kgs (sorry about the mixed measurements)
Clean and Crisp a Murano twist.
Archimede tops my list.

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
Re: Archimedes Seguso Vase
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 12:54:04 AM »
Thanks, Ardy. Georgeous piece. I haven't seen gold used in a piece like that before. It's close in sprit to the Mstisov/Moser vase I posted last week. Is that a Cordonato Oro sawn in the background.

David
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline ardy

• Members
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 01:00:05 AM »
Yes David it is. It is the only piece of B&T I have and I bought it in a group purchase. It turns out that it might be a good buy as it wasn't the major part of the 3 bits in the group one of which was an A.Seguso vase, the most important was the large lamp I showed here.

http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,28988.msg157112.html#msg157112

regards

Archimede tops my list.

Offline kane_u_pain

• Members
  • I don't prood read or spell check!
    • SVdA, Japanese Glass
    • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 08:01:04 AM »
beggar you ardy...now my green & amber collection will not be COMPLETE!!!... :o

:cry:

Fantastic piece...

Offline ardy

• Members
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 10:07:36 PM »
The tragedy of all glass collecting is that they are NEVER finished. Sometimes I am chewing my arms off to buy a piece but it is beyond my $$$$$'s.

Still as the collection gets bigger I might trade up as an alternative to forking out! There again I'd hate to part with any of it.

The sickness grows and knows no bounds.
Archimede tops my list.

Offline tam bam

• Members
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2009, 06:55:16 PM »
Ardy first off, what a great Seguso piece.  Never seen one like it.  Second of all, I understand the $$ thing and really wanting a piece for your collection.  Happens to me all the time.  I guess that is what the sickness does to us.  LOL!  It drives me nuts!

Anyway, great piece!!!!! :thup:

Offline kane_u_pain

• Members
  • I don't prood read or spell check!
    • SVdA, Japanese Glass
    • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2009, 05:21:57 AM »
The tragedy of all glass collecting is that they are NEVER finished. Sometimes I am chewing my arms off to buy a piece but it is beyond my $$$$$'s.

Still as the collection gets bigger I might trade up as an alternative to forking out! There again I'd hate to part with any of it.

The sickness grows and knows no bounds.

Ha ha...that is so true...my collection keeps getting bigger and bigger and the storge boxes of glass is getting out of hand...although i am starting to rationalise my collection and sticking to a few designers/makers...

That's if i can stick to that approach... ::)  :24:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand