No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Halloween Glass  (Read 2454 times)

Paul ADK

Halloween Glass
« on: October 29, 2005, 04:21:49 PM »
Thought folks might like to see a small collection of glass appropriate for Halloween.  As to manufacture, to date, I haven't the foggiest.  (All were purchased at garage sales for a maximum of $3.00 each.)

Sizes are as follows (left to right)
#1 = 8" (white cased)
#2 = 8 1/" (plain, uncased)
#3 = 9 3/4" (white cased)
#4 = 22" (I know I should recognize this but the mfg. name escapes me.)
#5 = 12" (white cased)
#6 = 10" (white cased)

At least in preview, I can't get this to come out as a true link.  If you can not find the photo on webshots, I will need to play with it some more.

Mod: Paul has deleted images and dispersed collection, thread retained for info about LE Smith.

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Halloween Glass
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2005, 10:28:34 PM »
What a wonderfully vibrant grouping - they really do look cheerful don't they?  I have no idea who made any of them I'm afraid, but thanks for sharing them. It's one of those pics that will brighten up a grey, gloomy, damp autumn day.
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Connie

Halloween Glass
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2005, 10:55:40 PM »
The big one in the middle is L.E. Smith Glass Bittersweet.  Sometimes you see these with a Fayette Glass Handmade but I think they are the same company, different labels or one made glass for the other.

Paul ADK

Halloween Glass
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2005, 01:52:56 AM »
Thanks for the identification Connie.   I  must be getting feeble minded.   Somewhere tucked away in a box we must have at least two or three smaller examples in different colors that I know I looked up years ago, then obviously promptly forgot.

By the way, I don't know if anyone is interested in seeing them, but tomorrow  or Tuesday I will try to post a few more examples of glass we picked up at various garage sales this fall, including a couple of glass percolators from the 40's that I think are really neat.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand