No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Pitcher & Tumbler ID - Need Help Please  (Read 772 times)

Offline plynch116

• Members
Pitcher & Tumbler ID - Need Help Please
« on: October 29, 2009, 06:37:29 PM »
Hi All,

I am hoping that perhaps someone could help me, or at least point me in the right direction, with an ID.  I am attaching some pics of a Pitcher and Tumbler I picked up last weekend that have me stumped.  The pieces are cased in a fairly deep apricot to crystal dieway over opal glass.  The decoration is extremely well done and appears to be a high gloss enamel.  There is a ground and polished pontil mark on the pitcher.  The cloverleaf top is what really has me stumped.

The coloration is very similar to Phoenix, Webb and even some S&W pieces I have seen, as is the applied reeded handle.  However, the only cloverleaf top I have ever seen was on a West Virginia Glass opalescent pitcher and I am not familiar with any cased glass from West Virginia.  By the way, the tumbler displays as a bit more pink than apricot; but, the decoration is the same and I am sure they were a set.

I have tried all of my U.S. contacts, unsucessfully I'm afraid, so I'm thinking probably not of U.S. origin.  Leaning toward Webb.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks in Advance,

pops
popsmcchicken

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline plynch116

• Members
Me Again
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 06:43:02 PM »
Mod: Post merged with original

Well, I just reviewed my post; and, I guess I attached only the photo of the Tumbler.  Guess I should read instruction before acting.  Here's the Pitcher and decoration.

Thanks,

pops
popsmcchicken

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
Re: Pitcher & Tumbler ID - Need Help Please
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 10:45:02 PM »
The style and color reminds me of a Harrach vase that is pictured on page 55 of the Truitts' Collectible Bohemian Glass 1880-1940. Perhaps a Harrach expert will be along soon with a definite yes or no.
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline plynch116

• Members
Re: Pitcher & Tumbler ID - Need Help Please
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2009, 01:48:03 AM »
Many thanks, Anita.  At lease I have a direction to search now.
popsmcchicken

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand