No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: opinions please ?  (Read 6692 times)

Offline ejean9

• Members
opinions please ?
« on: October 29, 2009, 11:06:47 PM »
ebay auction number below..would this have been signed by the man himself ? or just signed by one of the workers ?thank you !

Offline tam bam

• Members
Re: opinions please ?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 02:00:14 AM »
 :oNice, I hope you won it!  Anything that comes in that nice of a box is worth more that what it auctioned for.  It really adds to the piece with the box and paperwork.  I am very suprised that it went for that price and not wayyyyy higher.

I was examing some other pieces with Archimede Seguso signatures and they all pretty much look a like to me so I am wondering if it is by the same person, so chances are likely it was Seguso who signed.  I do not know 100% if in fact it was himself who signed his pieces.  I hope someone else knows for sure. 

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2009, 02:04:26 AM »
eJean:

Hard to know. It's not like his signature from the 50's or from the 60's.I   But it had changed between those dates. I believe that he signed his exhibition pieces, but not the production pieces.

I'd guess not his signature. I don't think it makes much difference , though.

David

My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline ejean9

• Members
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2009, 09:38:08 AM »
Hi folks..yes i did win in..i saw the shape/colour and thought..i must have that..also the price seemed great..my only worry was the price was tooooo low ? will see when it arrives ! i am no good with the signed pieces..this will be my first..woohoo..will have a good look at the whole thing when it arrives  ;)

Offline tam bam

• Members
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2009, 02:04:39 PM »
Congratulations, Ejean9!!!! :hiclp:  So glad you won it as it should only go to a collector. I do think it is a real piece.  David is right it doesn't matter who actually signed the signature but what it is and all the contents with it is what is going to make it valuable.  Also, check out Fossilfy's label library and look at the signed Archimede Seguso egg.  The two signatures look similar to me.  Hey I don't blame you for snagging it at that great price!  I would have too.  It is certainly a fine example of his work.  I say great find!!! :thup:

Offline ejean9

• Members
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2009, 02:42:40 PM »
why thank you kind sir..i am sooo pleased i got it..and i will go and have a look at the sig  :thup:

Offline aslan7

• Members
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2009, 02:51:11 PM »
That was a real find--congratulations. It must be very unusual to get the original box, old sticker, and even the pamphlet with such a fine piece. Enjoy!

Offline ejean9

• Members
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2009, 11:06:29 PM »
Hi Aslan7
that is the first i have seen a piece with box ect..so i have no idea if it is unusual ? would like to know if anyone else has came across the "complete" item ?
Jean

Offline ardy

• Members
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2009, 11:39:05 PM »
Very impressive to get the full thing and I assume it will be in mint condition. :thup:

I am interested in seeing the label as it looks a little different to the normal scalloped label. Any chance of loading it here when you get it?
Clean and Crisp a Murano twist.
Archimede tops my list.

Offline ejean9

• Members
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2009, 12:04:05 AM »

well of course..i want to show off... :chky:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum