No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Silvano Signoretto  (Read 3000 times)

Offline tam bam

• Members
Silvano Signoretto
« on: November 03, 2009, 01:58:33 PM »
Hi everyone in Murano land!  I bought over the weekend a very impressive angel by Slivano Signoretto.  I normally don't buy Murano angels because I have never found one that I would really like to own but this one was an exception.  I do love Silvano's work but never thought I would be able to afford one of his pieces.  Well, Sunday I got that chance and I had to snatch it up. 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330371487331&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I just love the form of the angel it looks almost real.  I am amazed at the quality of the piece and it will also look great on my coffee table for Christmas for everyone to enjoy. 

My question is the piece is dated 1985 and I was thinking when I bought it that it maybe came from his own furnace but I have been doing some studing on Silvano and he opened his own furnace in 1999.  He worked with Saliviati in 1989 but he has been with many, many other furnaces in his career.  My question is which furnace was this angel made?  One person suggested Pauly & CVM which is a possibility and I know he used to work for Seguso Vetri d'Arte as well.  If anyone knows please let me know.  It sure would have been nice if the angel had a label but then that would be too easy.  :huh:

tam bam

Offline ardy

• Members
Re: Silvano Signoretto
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 12:53:24 AM »
I can see what you see in it, there is a bit of Seguso about this piece so maybe it is SVDA.
Clean and Crisp a Murano twist.
Archimede tops my list.

Offline Artofvenice

• Members
    • http://www.artofvenice.com
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2009, 05:14:12 PM »
Hi,
this a beautiful angel made by the brother Pino:

http://www.pinosignoretto.it/files/mod_prodotti_gran_181_grande.jpg

Ciao!!!

Alex
www.artofvenice.com

Offline tam bam

• Members
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 06:29:14 PM »
Thanks so very much Alex!  I have been enjoying my angel.  It really is much better in person.  It is so simple but yet so detailed and artistic.  I will adore it for years to come.  I am glad to have your approval on it.  I have heard many, many kind words about you from others on this form and on the Fossilfly forum. 

Thanks for the link to the Pino angels.  I have recently found a very interesting site regarding Pino and it has some cool photos on there of some of his work and I am going to post it on here this afternoon.

tam bam

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand