No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Whitefriars confirmation,please,  (Read 2157 times)

Offline keith

• Members
Whitefriars confirmation,please,
« on: November 05, 2009, 06:14:39 PM »
Got others in the knobbly range but have always wondered about these,they seem so new,blue 6 inches and red 5.25,can I put them back with the others?Keith.

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
Re: Whitefriars confirmation,please,
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 06:25:33 PM »
i should think you can put them back up, ruby and kingfisher prrrreeeetttyyyy ;D

Offline ejean9

• Members
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 06:32:00 PM »
very nice..my WF collection is growing slowly but surely.i have only 3 knobblys..10 inch ones..red/blue/streaky..

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 06:33:04 PM »
Jolly good,ta very much,back on the shelf with the green knobblies,Keith.

Offline vidrioguapo

• Members
    • England
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2009, 10:04:33 PM »
I'd say the Ruby one is Pat. 9857 c 1978- 80 5".  The Kingfisher one doesn't seem to conform to any of the catalogue sizes or indeed shape.

Nearest would be 9609 which is catalogued at 7", it is most likely right but it does look a bit odd to me.  Have a look at my Knobbly Blog........

And BTW, if anyone has a Kingfisher 9845, they'd like to go to a good home   ::)  please let me know !!!!!   :thup:

Offline ejean9

• Members
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2009, 10:14:12 PM »
could the blue one be Liskard ?? (sp)..and no i am not parting with my KF Blue..oh i forgot i also have a green one..knobbly that is..(thanks again Emmi)  ;)

Offline vidrioguapo

• Members
    • England
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2009, 10:22:42 PM »
Liskeard almost without fail have LG moulded or impressed into the base.  No, Keith's does appear to be Whitefriars in colour and the knobbles look right, it just doesn't quite seem to conform to either the earlier shapes or the later shapes, nor in size.  But, hey, they were all blown so quite possible it is just an "odd bod"!

Offline ejean9

• Members
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2009, 10:33:28 PM »
now..i learn something else now..i didnt know that about the LG...something to watch out for.. :thup:

Offline ejean9

• Members
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2009, 11:14:17 PM »
cheers Emmi..handy to know..i never look at LG glass..i dont know why..but its never appealed to me..

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand