No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Pulled Loop Cased Glass Vase Made in Italy 19" Tall - Approx Age?  (Read 2895 times)

Offline Patti3435

• Members
Hi. Can anyone tell by the sticker what era this was made in? I'm looking for approx. age. It stands 19" tall and is cased glass. Thanks very much!

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
Re: Pulled Loop Cased Glass Vase Made in Italy 19" Tall - Approx Age?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 10:22:29 PM »
I am not sure, but I believe this is an Empoli glass label. I hope Ivo will be along soon. He may know for sure.
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline Patti3435

• Members
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 10:51:06 PM »
Oh, thank you. I do believe you are right, I once had a pair of Italian glass lamps and I think I almost remember they were identified as Empoli. You just jogged my memory!

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 10:52:53 PM »
Ooooh Anita you say the nicest things - but I just left this one for someone who knows for sure. My hunch that this is 1970s Empoli would not do.  

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand