No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: murano sommerso uranium pheasant -help please !!!  (Read 2976 times)

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
Re: murano sommerso uranium pheasant -help please !!!
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2009, 04:56:22 PM »
Definitely Alfredo Barbini. The glass "disks" over the eyes are distinctive for Barbini. Their horizontal pheasants have the same glass disk. There is a closeup of the Barbini pheasant face in the Murano Zoo. The link is under my signature. The Barbini pheasants are on the top of Birds Page 2. You can see the pictures better by clicking them.

The Worthpoint value for the auction would simply be what the bird sold for that day on eBay in 2007. This wouldn't be particularly useful by itself. These type birds tend to go from $200-400 on eBay, which means they are worth a lot more, of course. If you bought your bird for !6 pounds, WOW! did you ever get a deal. I think I will fly to the UK. I would have felt lucky to buy it for 125 pounds if it is in good shape.

Great buy! :hiclp:
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline buttonfluff

• Members
Re: murano sommerso uranium pheasant -help please !!!
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2009, 05:21:41 PM »
Thanks so much for your help ,i will treasure him/her  im so happy i found something good for a change -thanks again :)
xx ...Kerryn... xx

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand