No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: HELP with SC LINE MADE IN ITALY  (Read 16935 times)

Offline Kristine

• Members
HELP with SC LINE MADE IN ITALY
« on: November 03, 2005, 04:42:18 PM »
I've aquired a beautiful set of glasses accompanied by "SC LINE Made in Italy" cards that go on to explain the handmade craftsmanship (written both in Italian and English). Each glass also has an SC Line sticker on the bottom. It is such a curiosity because I can find virtually no information for SC Line on the web, except for a two listings on EBAY (drinking glasses and a perfume bottle), a set of candlesticks somewhere else (I don't remeber where), and one reference (with no availability) in Replacements.com. So what about this elusive company and why the seemingly rarity of items? I guess the older items have lost their identification labels and the company is no longer producing new items? But what of its history? Can anybody solve the mystery of SC Line?

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2005, 05:28:50 PM »
If there is no firm information online then you may be looking at a retail label;  SC line could typically be a collection of glass, porcelain and flatware bought in from elsewhere and sold only in the US - I assume that is where you're looking from. Retail labels are notoriously difficult to research - you'd need to know the location, for a start.

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2005, 02:32:48 AM »
Ivo, I see what you mean and a retail label makes real sense in this case...Thank you so much for your imput. I'll still keep checking from time to time on the various listings of these items for any clues, but I will no longer become exasperated due to the lack of information out there, thanks to your probable explanation. Kristine

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2005, 06:23:53 PM »
I have been trying track down one Us importer mark/label for twenty years, it takes time. But I just found an answer to a twenty-five year mystery so be patient and keep asking :)

Offline Kristine

• Members
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2005, 09:01:14 PM »
Thank you Frank...Now I'm beating down a path (for now) on a whim that these are cruise line gift collectables...SC (Cruise perhaps and not Crystal) Line...Silversea? Scandanavian? - I found a cruise ship on a logo image search for SC Line, but I have to translate the page first...

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2005, 09:35:29 PM »
That is a possibility, most of the older shipping line items had the name etched or embossed etc. Labels might suit the modern age with rampant souvenir hunters.

Offline awildolivebranch

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • vintage
    • usa
Re: HELP with SC LINE MADE IN ITALY
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2012, 12:45:04 AM »
Hello Kristine.   I found this information on SC LINE after doing extensive research on a perfume bottle that I came across.  There is little information on the net, as you know.  Hopefully this will help you.  It's called the Same Cristalleerie, Italy.

http://www.samecristallerie.it/eng/same-cristallerie.html

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2012, 09:20:14 AM »
Nice find. Decorators can be as tough to track as retailers and one that has been around for 35+ years too. Video is also a good one for how glass is decorated.

Their address for the record...

Same Decorazione
Via Tosco Romagnola Sud 131/133
50056 Montelupo Fiorentino
Firenze (Italy)
Tel +39.0571.590632
Fax +39.0571.592738
email: info@samecristallerie.it

Offline MrsVCV

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Information
    • United States
I also have flutes made by SC LINE MADE IN ITALY
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2018, 04:01:49 AM »
Hello my name is Valerie,

I had inherited these glass champagne flutes form my mother and my father was in the military Air National Guard so he went overseas a lot and he brought these back one year when I was a child and now I have them and I'm curious to see what your glasses look like?
I have emailed the company that a gentleman had provided below and I've asked them if these are really made by them I'm still waiting for an email back so I'm just curious and excited that I found somebody else who has pieces made by this company

Offline Officinaquack

• Members
  • Bormioli, Fidenza Vetraria, Saivo, Covetro...
    • Glassware
    • Italy
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2019, 12:27:45 PM »
Looks like some "Michelangelo" (Luigi Bormioli line) stems decorated and cutted by the company SAME

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand