No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: lable  (Read 1982 times)

Offline newhere

• Members
lable
« on: November 16, 2009, 09:08:12 AM »
Hi
sorry if I am putting this in the wrong place - I could not see where to upload on your lables page -
I am not only new to Murano Glass, but not that  clever on the computer either!

Hope you can copy the picture to place on the correct page.
Although not complete ... It is a little different from those already listed.

21st century ... slow down a bit ... I'm running as fast as I can!

Offline newhere

• Members
Re: lable LABEL
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 09:12:59 AM »
oh look! - can't spell either!
how embarrassing -

Offline tam bam

• Members
Re: lable
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 02:09:14 PM »
Hi Newhere and welcome to the forums.

I would love to see a picture of the top of your piece if you could show us.  As for the label, it should read Genuine Venetian Glass Handmade in Murano Italy.  This kind of label cannot be traced back to any particular furance at this time.  Hopefully, one day this mystery will be solved.  I have a couple of pieces in my collection with this label as well.  I love them just as much as the identified pieces.  There are a lot of mysteries with Murano labels waiting to be solved but I think that is one of the things that is so intriguing about Murano glass.

I hope I have helped some.

tam bam

Offline newhere

• Members
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 12:20:11 AM »
thankyou tam ban
I have added a picture of the top of my dish.
I have owned my 'copper dish' mentioned earlier here on this forum, for many years but did not know, until last year,  it was Murano, just a lovley dish given to me by a an old woman, very dear to me,
This black bowl I bought on an impulse for my neice's 18th birthday (but I have kept it)! because I like it! (I now have to buy her something else!)
carol

Offline newhere

• Members
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 12:23:37 AM »
the dish with label is on the right
the other has already gone as a present to my other niece, last year. I bought the two together - one for each of them (naughty me - kept the one with the label)!
carol

Offline tam bam

• Members
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2009, 08:13:40 PM »
Carol,

I do like your bowls.  Don't feel naughty though.  I would have kept all of them, now that is naughty.  LOL!  I can't buy people Murano as gifts because I am greedy when it comes to Murano, besides no one else in my family likes Murano as much as me anyway.  I guess they don't know what they are missing.  Anyway, it doesn't matter who made it as long as you like it.  That is all that matters.

tam bam

Offline newhere

• Members
Re: lable (lable)
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2009, 11:28:23 PM »
hi
deed is done!
bought a new fangled 'charm braclet' which takes ringed charms (I have seen murano glass beads that fit these braclets - so something for the future!) and gave it to her tonight. The BIG mistake was telling her mum about the bowl I had bought for her...
"oh, don't worry, you can give it to her for her 21st! - she'll appreciate it more then!"..
As it stands, I am keeping it for a while at least! .. maybe she will forget?!
Thankyou for your help
ps
I have seen 'murano' glass beads on ebay (from hongkong) very cheap - does that mean they are not real?

Offline tam bam

• Members
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2009, 12:43:38 AM »
Hi again Carol,

There is only one rule with Murano glass and that is Murano glass is only made on the Ile of Murano, Italy.  If it comes from another country claiming to Murano or even Murano style it is NOT Murano glass.  Hence the name.  Glass from China is made of cheaper quality and is too massed produced where as in Murano the glass comes from furnaces and not factories so each piece is one of a kind.  If you like Murano glass jewelry I would go with a reputable dealer who can back their claim up or an actual Murano company like Antica Murrina Venezia.  They make lovely Murano jewelry.   http://www.anticamurrina.com/  There are some merchants on Ebay that sell this jewelry as well.  I would check into it before buying those beads from Hong Kong.  I think you will be happier in the long run and perhaps your niece would like to have a piece of Murano glass jewelry for Christmas.  Ideas, ideas!

tam bam

Offline newhere

• Members
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2009, 11:08:30 PM »
tam bam
Thankyou for your help
web site is saved for future reference.
again thankyou
carol

Offline tam bam

• Members
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2009, 01:06:53 AM »
Glad to help Carol!  Anytime.  I bought a necklace made by them on Rubylane as well.  It is very nice.  I just found the pic of it online.  http://www.rubylane.com/shops/danielsonantiques/item/q-78  I will say they make quality murano jewelry.  I highly recommend them.

tam bam

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand