No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Clear Glass with Red Rim Bullicante Shell Bowl...  (Read 2079 times)

Offline kane_u_pain

• Members
  • I don't prood read or spell check!
    • SVdA, Japanese Glass
    • Sydney, Australia
Clear Glass with Red Rim Bullicante Shell Bowl...
« on: December 12, 2009, 06:34:24 AM »
Large clear glass bowl with red crimped/frilled edge. Perfect bullicante. I can't fault it! it is 19cm in length and 6cm high. Very heavy bowl with a fair amount of wear to the polished base. The red rim is uneven going around, has a verl loose feel to it. Not likely to find a maker for it but all suggestions are welcome. Was purchased about 5-6 years ago from a flea market. 3rd pic is for a bit of fun.  ;D

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
Re: Clear Glass with Red Rim Bullicante Shell Bowl...
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 01:31:44 PM »
My first guess for the bowl, based on the rim and the color fade, would be Fratelli Toso. It is just a guess, though.
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline kane_u_pain

• Members
  • I don't prood read or spell check!
    • SVdA, Japanese Glass
    • Sydney, Australia
Re: Clear Glass with Red Rim Bullicante Shell Bowl...
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2009, 01:47:12 AM »
Thanks TX, all suggestions are good ones. The front rim on the bowl goes down to as low as 4.5cm. It is of varying dimensions all the way around, which i think enhances the look the bowl compared to being even all the way around.  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand