No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Goran Warff Opus Vase.....  (Read 3524 times)

Offline Dilly

• Members
Goran Warff Opus Vase.....
« on: November 27, 2009, 01:17:41 PM »
I recently purchased this lovely Opus vase by Goran Warff,  it is signed Prov Goran Warff'.After some research I see these are still being made and sold at various outlets, however not in this size and colour, the smallest appears to be 21  Cms;  the one I have is only 13 cms.   I was planning to sell it, however I am now wondering now if this is an old one, and obviously do not want to undersell it. I would appreciate any advise.

Offline inca

• Members
  • Stockholm, Sweden
Re: Goran Warff Opus Vase.....
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2009, 05:02:46 PM »
"prov" means sample

They make the objects in different sizes and colours, and maybe also slightly different shapes,
and then decide which one will go into production.

I have a Göran Wärff, Primavera vase, signed "prov", it's 14 cm high.

http://www.artglassvista.se/glas/Goran_Warff/glas_5537-Primavera_Vase_Small.html

all texts and pictures © Ingela Nyrén

Offline Dilly

• Members
Re: Goran Warff Opus Vase.....
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 11:24:06 PM »
Thank you so much for information, this is very useful.  thanks again.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand