No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Paperweight with signature Wm Taylor (I think!)  (Read 1653 times)

Offline zidori

• Members
Paperweight with signature Wm Taylor (I think!)
« on: November 27, 2009, 03:34:20 PM »
I have come across this rather nice paperweight, very similar to Mdina in colouring, with a signature on the base which looks like Wm Taylor to my ageing eyes. Does anyone know of this paperweight maker?
Ronnie

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline brewster

• Members
    • Australia
Re: Paperweight with signature Wm Taylor (I think!)
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 04:42:42 AM »
Hi. Don't know if you are still interested after nearly 3 years, but I think it is the British studio artist Peter Layton. His work is so voluminous and varied, it might not be easy to recognise the item as his. You can find his website and lots of examples of his work using Google.

The signature you've given us is only half visible, but you can compare yours with others here. See also reply #3 in that thread for another example of Peter Layton's signature.

Please report the results - and give us a better photo of the signature if you can.

Trevor
See my blog on Australian studio glass. There is now a Facebook page with Australian glass news.
The Glass Puzzles page is back on Facebook. Log in to leave a comment.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand