No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Probable modern urn shaped vase for ID please.  (Read 1460 times)

Offline Tinker-Taylor

• Members
Re: Probable modern urn shaped vase for ID please.
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2009, 11:45:25 AM »
Chris, I am a collector of both Victorian and Frank Thrower glass (an odd combination, admittedly) and only buy/sell glass to fund my collecting habit.  I can understand if you saw it any other way, because it does rather drive me mad when people solely request ID's for sale purposes.  I think the worst aspect of it is when people post several items for this purpose, so that genuine collector's ID requests get moved further down the ID board.  I have thought that it would maybe be better to have an "itention to sell" ID board and separate "collector's ID's" one.  I would happily use both, though I would doubt that I would find an improved level of bonhomie on either!

Stu.

Stuart & Emma Taylor.
(ebay ID: tinker-taylor-glass)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline chriscooper

• Members
    • Harrogate UK
Re: Probable modern urn shaped vase for ID please.
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2009, 12:15:04 PM »
I used to collect Whitefriars and Scandinavian glass, till university came along for my two for the last few years I have bought and sold glass as an hobby to fund this. no secrets there, a lover of all glass in general, though maybe not so much Art Deco LOL, I do post on here the odd Decco, Sklo union pieces now and again for ID purposes, but find if you don't get an immediate response you can forget it because within a few days it's literally 4 pages back and 'lost' I do try and do a lot of my own research thankfully a lot of the Scandi stuff is signed, numbered or labelled and like to think I can hold my own with most W/F pieces, but of course we all need help now and again, just feel some take the lazy option and let others do the work for them sometimes.
Chris

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand