No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: urano fish and Seguso? duck  (Read 2577 times)

Offline uphoosier

• Members
urano fish and Seguso? duck
« on: December 06, 2009, 02:44:54 AM »
I checked the labels gallery, and the green one is unidentified.   I couldn't find the duck lable.  I also checked the zoo, and the duck looks like Seguso alabastro glass, but the base is different.  Any suggestions as to the maker of  these two critters?  Thanks for taking a look.

Ken

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
Re: urano fish and Seguso? duck
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 03:28:37 AM »
These two pieces will be difficult to identify. Both labels are generic labels that were often added by stores or import companies. Neither the duck or fish strike me as being made by one of the Seguso companies.

I believe that Alex said it best when he wrote that many pieces of Murano may be impossible to identify because of the numbers of small furnaces making glass in Murano, often copying each others' styles. The best we can hope for often is to find a design that has a company label. I always love finding company labels. (One knows one is hooked on glass when the highlight of a week is finding a labeled mystery piece!  ;))
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline uphoosier

• Members
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 02:25:54 AM »
Thanks, Anita.

Offline tam bam

• Members
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 12:55:42 AM »
I know what you are talking about Anita.

tam bam

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand