No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Wanted August Walther Green Glass Petri Centrepiece Figure  (Read 5140 times)

Offline Walther Glass

• Members
  • Mark
Wanted August Walther Green Glass Petri Centrepiece Figure
« on: December 09, 2009, 12:49:07 PM »
Dear Fellow Collectors

I am keen to secure the centrepiece figure as shown in the picture attached.  This is a centrepiece figure made by reputable German company August Walther & Sons during 1930's and is called "PETRI".

It is rare but obviously still available.  I have the bowl, flower frog/insert and plinth but no figure.  I am very keen to obtain the figure so will pay good money or indeed swap if I have something that you may want.

Photo is courtesy of a fellow glass collector friend and is of the same piece which appeared on eBay recently.

I look forward to hearing from you and hope that you can help.

Kind regards and Merry Christmas to you all.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Pressed Glass 1840-1950
    • Hamburg, Germany
    • http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de
Re: Wanted August Walther Green Glass Petri Centrepiece Figure
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 09:49:04 PM »
Hi Mark, welcome to GMB !   :dance:
Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.
Alfred Lichtwark (1852-1914)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline oyemicanto

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 07:22:05 PM »
Hi Mark!
I am still looking for this piece myself aswell as the Haarlem centrepiece.I will pay upto £500 for either item depending on condition.
I was pondering whether to swap either my Uranium Relief vase or pink Arabella lamp for either items!
Best wishes Nige
PS did you post me that picture of the Rudolf vase? I sent you an email aswell regarding my green Orla float bowl waiting for a reply?
"Ive had a wonderful evening.....unfortunately this wasnt it!"  Groucho Marx

Offline rosecottagesales

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 04:44:42 AM »
Hi Mark

Just wondering, when did this Petri appear on ebay? I must have been missed out :(

Nige...I'll make sure I bid more than GBP 500.00 to outbid you especially if the Petri is being listed "again" on ebay and is in green uranium colour :)

Cheers
Brenton

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline oyemicanto

• Members
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2010, 05:51:52 PM »
Hi Brenton
It was me that discovered the listing and I was the one that sent Mark the picture.I was bidding but got outbid as usual.
I have several dealers over here looking out for me aswell as the other Walther I am after so it's bound to turn up!
Nige
"Ive had a wonderful evening.....unfortunately this wasnt it!"  Groucho Marx

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand