No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Need Help ID Renate Stock Vase  (Read 7645 times)

Offline Solil

• Members
Need Help ID Renate Stock Vase
« on: December 11, 2009, 05:57:55 PM »
:thup:  Hello all, would so appreciate any and all help with this vase. Have found all the info I can on this piece but a date and design. In the years that I have been collecting all types of art glass have come to realize glass collectors are a special kind of people and are so willing to share their knowledge with others who share their passion of glass. Many thanks, hello to Dirk from Germany and Dave from Canada. Ps this piece still retains original labels.

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Re: Need Help ID Renate Stock Vase
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 06:32:25 PM »
so as you found everything about Renate - will you share that with us? The piece is obviously from Sea Glasbruk where she worked since 1984. There is a strong resemblance with Rune Strand pieces from the eighties. But I think only Sea can give you the level of detail you seek....

Offline Solil

• Members
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 07:04:11 PM »
Thank you so much for your reply, The only reason I know what I do is because of the original labels, both intact, I am sorry if I came across as a "know it all", that was not my intention, and if I am misreading your reply I apologize.

Offline Cathy B

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • The Crown Crystal Glass Company of Australia
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 10:55:00 PM »
Hi and welcome to the board!

Don't worry--of course you didn't come across as a "know it all". Ivo was just asking for your source of information, since it is of interest to everyone.

It might be worth contacting Sea Glasbruk themselves for more information on your vase.

Offline Solil

• Members
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2009, 11:20:03 PM »
Oh thank you so much, I have been a collector of art glass for only a few years but it has become my passion/obsession and I spend a lot of time reading reference books and I think I have been the only person to have kicked out of the Blenko museme for online loitering, G2M. I have tons of links to some really great places. I came across a great Italian piece and I spent days and after looking at about 2000 or so images and reading descriptions finally nailed it. Of course I have heard of the greats such as Tapio, I have been fortunate enough to have had some of his early work in my possession, from the Niva and ultiima thule and also the Gaissa collection. Also had a signed "tulipa" from Ulrica? darn last name on the tip of my tongue. And when I get a piece I dont know much/anything about I get really OCD about it. Thank you once again for your kindness so, so appreciated.   :girlcheer:

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2009, 09:07:02 AM »
I think I have been the only person to have kicked out of the Blenko museme for online loitering

:24: :24: Wonderful - good on you!  :24: :24:

Nice to see labels on the Renate Stock piece. I believe she is Austrian but has worked at Sea for a very long time. Not sure if this piece would rate as art glass or as production glass - in any case, nice piece, congrats.

Offline Solil

• Members
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2009, 04:47:55 PM »
Thanks, best part I got it for $1:00. This is a handmade peice says so on the label. Here is some info you might enjoy.
Renate Stock. move to Sweden and settled in Kosta in 1984. She is a designer and product developer.
The Glass is shaped manually and the craftmanship contributing to an individual shape and personality of each and every item produced.

Offline dirk.

• Members
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2009, 02:18:49 PM »
Thanks for some unexpected greetings and a warm ´Hello´ in return!  :)
"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others." - Groucho Marx

...working on it...
https://picasaweb.google.com/108140812446658939096

Offline Solil

• Members
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2009, 03:35:29 PM »
Hello Dirk, do remeber me?, I have a different user name as I changed my e-mail address. I am the one that told you that a "Dirk" is a traditional Scottish Dagger (I am originally from Scotland).

Offline dirk.

• Members
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2009, 04:14:41 PM »
Hoping my brain´s cogs are working correctly: Hello Irene, then?
Please don´t hit me if I´m wrong!  :)
"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others." - Groucho Marx

...working on it...
https://picasaweb.google.com/108140812446658939096

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand