No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Snowflakes Of China Red Vase...  (Read 5727 times)

Offline kane_u_pain

• Members
  • I don't prood read or spell check!
    • SVdA, Japanese Glass
    • Sydney, Australia
Snowflakes Of China Red Vase...
« on: December 12, 2009, 03:56:19 AM »
Bought this for a dollar from the Salvo's about 10 years ago. I quite like this vase even if it is Chinese. The red colour is so deep in this. It is just over 8 inches (20.5cm) high and almost 4 inchs (9cm) at its widest. It did have a label once, but my fault in losing it. The label was different than the one in the Pina book Fifties Glass. Round label with 'Snowflakes Made in China'.

I couldn't post this in the Chinese section on glass.

Offline scavo

• Members
Re: Snowflakes Of China Red Vase...
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 10:18:33 PM »
Did you ever find out about the age of this? Does anyone know the period of production for Snowflake glass?

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 04:22:53 AM »
They were extant at least during the early/mid 1980s - I found a boxed set of four 'Snowflake' vases buried amongst clutter when I helped my parents clear their shed last Summer. Apparently they were an unwanted gift given around that period.

Offline scavo

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 11:13:02 AM »
So, included in a book of '50s glass and still about in the '80s. There must be zillions of very similar items! Perhaps only matched in repeated output by Mdina!  :pb:

Offline kane_u_pain

• Members
  • I don't prood read or spell check!
    • SVdA, Japanese Glass
    • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 10:33:36 PM »
Woops, I just sold mine recently. May have got the date wrong on the listing (but it went to a collector of Japanese/Chinese glass thankfully).

As to being zilllions of them, you are probably right but I have been waiting about 11yrs to find a second one of these to no avail. Have never even seen one listed on aussie ebay!

These seem to have been mass produced but never seem to pop up any where  :o

Offline scavo

• Members
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 05:58:19 PM »
I see chinese glass quite often here. Mostly modern, made for Ikea. But vintage stuff turns up quite regularly. I only buy the stuff that looks unusual. I recently purchased the same shape vase as yours. You can see the link here: http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,45881.msg256880.html#msg256880

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand