No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: does Glass Message Board consider Fontana Arte lamps glass?  (Read 2834 times)

Offline jonspencer

• Members
  • slowly learning more about local glass
    • lighting
    • Italy
this lamp is what generated my overall interest in glass products from Italy

I find the Daniela Puppa design (MOD. 2850 1991) just incredible, it is like a huge sail boat to me  (50 x 84 cm)

at the time I had no idea what I was buying seemed like a bit of money to be spending in a junk shoppe ;-)

interested in learning more about other type glass lamps, chandeliers and sconces from Europe

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
Re: does Glass Message Board consider Fontana Arte lamps glass?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2019, 10:32:54 AM »
 ;D oh yes. Definitely. That is stunning!
It's glass, isn't it?
Lighting is a difficult area in glass. It nearly always has a decent value or price in the secondary market, because it is useful, practical and decorative.
But it is not something that was part of major production runs.  Lighting nearly always has to be altered or finished differently, because of it having to be practical, and is often left unmarked. It can be even more difficult to track down makers than it is for other items.

But if you want good lighting or lovely lampshades - the secondary market is where you'll find them.
 ;D
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Earth without art is just eh.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand