No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: picture library for T/Webb colours.  (Read 62692 times)

Offline ahremck

• Members
Re: picture library for T/Webb colours.
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2016, 01:58:22 AM »
I have taken some more photos that may be of interest.

#1   A yellow decanter
#2   A Black Coronation decanter - got 3 goblets as well.
#3   An amber bullseye decanter and glasses
#4   The Bristol Green decanter nearly correct colour.

Ross

PS.   Enquiring about a possible addition to my Black Coronation glass a dealer indicated he was fairly sure he had seen a Red/Clear version as well.  Would really love to see one.
I bamle all snileplg eorrrs on the Cpomuter Kyes.  They confuse my fingers !!!

Offline ahremck

• Members
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2016, 02:04:27 AM »
Finally what I call an Obelisk vase - similar to the bowl I posted earlier - but mine.

Ross

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2016, 02:45:43 PM »
Wonder if that is part of the Webb 'Flair' range, they did some odd shapes... ;D

Offline ahremck

• Members
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2016, 11:39:59 PM »
I think it probably is Keith.  It has the bubbles and the blue of the dish I posted earlier(with permission).

Ross

Offline essi

• Members
    • all eras of w/friars and scand
    • england
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2017, 07:48:14 PM »
I think this vase is the same pattern as Keiths bowl.
9" tall, top 7", 5" at the base.
Very green response from uv lamp.
Tim

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2017, 10:53:22 PM »
Another Flair 'Haze' bowl, no bubbles  ;D 10.5 inches across.

Offline NevB

• Members
    • uranium glass
    • England
« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2020, 10:04:20 AM »
I've only just found this post. This is a 9" vase? similar to the one on P.3 but all in yellow. Do you think it is also a T/Webb piece? It has a bit of wear on the foot but doesn't seem to have much age. Regards NevB.
"I hear you're a racist now father!" Father Ted.

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2020, 02:04:45 PM »
It's a beer glass, not a vase, as it has a safety rim. I would say not Webb as it's the wrong shade or yellow

Offline NevB

• Members
    • uranium glass
    • England
« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2020, 07:04:42 PM »
I see what you mean Christine it looks like others being sold as "pilsner glasses". I've added another photo which I've enhanced to show the intensity of colour when you get when viewing from above.
"I hear you're a racist now father!" Father Ted.

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2021, 04:16:55 PM »
Some of the colours thus far can be associated with a specific factory name, but some remain elusive as to what - one hundred or more years back - Thoms Webb actually called them - presumably someone, somewhere, had a colour chart and could say to the gaffer please make a dozen vases in Pomona Green, Amherst, Carnation or Plum etc. etc., and he knew what was being asked for.           Additions, to this thread, of new colours, are now infrequent.       The variety of colours we've posted so far rather belies the range of hues that Webb could, and probably did, apparently make - looking in Hajdamach's Appendix 7 ('British Glass 1800 - 1914'), the list of colours takes some believing but no reason we should doubt how extensive it was during the period 1840 - 1898.         Wonder what Oriental looked like.                       We've no idea of course how many of these colours made it into the C20 - possible not as many as we might imagine.

I've no idea as to how Thomas Webb listed the colour of the cocktail glass now attached - from the list in Hajdamach mentioned above - it might be Peach, Opalescent Pink, Salmon, Pink  -  or of course this one may never have been a C19 colour, and might well have been a later C20 invention.    Anyway, for what it's worth here it is  -  it's a sort of honey cum pinkish citrine  -  ahh, that's not on the list. ;)         The first picture is way off on colour, but is more for the surface pattern which I'm told is likely to be Pineapple. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand