Glass Identification - Post here for all ID requests > Glass Paperweights

Salvador Ysart Butterfly Weights. Where are They?

(1/2) > >>

paperw8t:
How come I cannot ever find any Salvador Butterfly weights for sale on the internet. I have checked Ebay and Google weekly for approx. 5 years and have been unable to find a single one ever have been listed or sold there. Whats up with this?

KevinH:
There was a Salvador butterfly (3D version) almost offered on eBay a few years ago. It was included in an image for another item and the selller commented in the description that the buttefly weight would soon be listed separately. That happened twice, and then there was no further news of it.

Generally though, Salvador Butterfly weights are quite rare - with perhaps only twenty or thirty (or less??) known so far. Often they are snapped up in ordinary auction houses by those who know what they are and are either retained by the buyer or sold on very quickly through outlets other than eBay.

What do go unrecognised, or mistaken as being by Paul Ysart, are Salvador's 2D butterfly weights!

daveweight:
I am lucky, I found one years ago and here is a picture - keep looking and I hope you get lucky
Dave

paperw8t:
kevh,thanks for the info. I would have thought that there would be thousands of Salvador butterflies out there. 30 or fewer explains why I never can find them offered. There goes my dream of filling a cabinet with them. Any idea how much one would expect to have to pay for a floating butterfly weight in the event one came thru a major auction house. Are there any known  realized prices from past auctions. Of the approx 30 known, how many are 2D vs. 3D. I believe i read on a site past that there  were less 2D around.

Dave ,thanks for the great photo.It must be a pleasure to own

tropdevin:
Hi

I have seen two Salvador butterflies sell at auction over the last 4 years.  As far as I recall, one went for £420, the other for around £250.

Regards, Alan.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version