No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Support British Glass - Support the British Glass Foundation  (Read 5051 times)

Offline Janet H

• Members
Support British Glass - Support the British Glass Foundation
« on: December 06, 2010, 08:48:07 PM »
The British Glass Foundation charity was launched at Hagley Hall, Hagley England on the 24th November 2010. We aim to help raise funds and work with Dudley Council to secure the future of the  glass collections and archives currently held at Broadfield House Glass Museum and Himley Hall. We are an umberella group backed by many organisations such as, The Glass Association, The Glass Circle, The Friends of Broadfield House Glass Museum, the Contemporary Glass Society and the Scottish Glass Society.

Our trustees are Graham Knowles, Charles Hajdamach, David Williams-Thomas, Stephen Pollock-Hill and Vice Chair Brent Richards. We invite you to support the British Glass Foundation. www.britishglassfoundation.org.uk

Anyone wishing to make a donation can do so by making a cheque payable to British Glass Foundation and sending it to Hulbert Group, Peartree Lodge, Hulbert Drive, Peartree Lane, Dudley, DY2 0XW, England  

I would like to add my best wishes for the newly formed charity - The British Glass Foundation.
I believe it is really important for the history of glass to be preserved through the protection and display of glass items which represent that history. It is important for future researchers and writers who need access to the glass and the documents associated with that glass; and it is important to provide inspiration and information for glassmakers in the future.  I believe the glass and documents at Broadfield House are a precious legacy for which we are all responsible, and I wish the British Glass Foundation every success in preserving this legacy for those like ourselves, who will appreciate it in the future.  Dr Angela M Bowey

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Bernard C

• Members
  • Milton Keynes based British glass dealer
Re: Support British Glass - Support the British Glass Foundation
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 04:17:47 PM »
Janet ā€” Thanks for the report and picture, but I'm having a hard time with the delegates.   I recognise about five faces, that's all.   Any chance of some names, please, if it's not too much trouble?

Bernard C.  8)
Happy New Year to All Glass Makers, Historians, Dealers, and Collectors

Text and Images Copyright © 2004–15 Bernard Cavalot

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Janet H

• Members
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 08:06:16 PM »
Hi Bernard,
There are too many people to mention individually but Maurice and Pauline Wimpory from the Glass Association attended, along with Nigel Benson, Brent Richards the architect who designed the pavillion at Broadfield House, Victoria Scholes Chair of the Contemporay Glass Society, Jackie Cooley and Sue Purser Hope, Allister Malcolm, Shelley Dhoolan and Tracy Nicholls, glass artists. British Glass Foundation trustees, David Williams-Thomas, Charles Hajdamach, Stephen Pollock-Hill and Graham Knowles. I hope this helps.
Janet

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2010, 10:26:40 PM »
Eric Knowles (Antiques Roadshow) was also there, as was Simon Bruntnell (North Light Photography) who took photos.
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline nigel benson

• Author
  • Members
  • British glass 1870-1980
    • British glass 1870-1980
    • http://www.20thcentury-glass.org.uk
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2010, 12:38:23 AM »
Hello,

Other names include, Cllr David Stanley (Cabinet Member for the Environment and Culture); Cllr Anne Millward (Leader); Meriel Harris (Chair of Local NADFAS); Roger Dodsworth; John Sanders (ex-Chair Friends of BHGM); Will Farmer (Fieldings and Antiques Roadshow); Graham Fisher MBE (commercial radio and author) ; Cllr Dave Tyler; and, Andrew Lineham.

Iā€™m afraid that I do not recognise any more than those already mentioned.

Nigel

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand