No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Broadfield House Glass Museum - the next step...  (Read 24150 times)

Offline bOBA

• Members
Re: Broadfield House Glass Museum - the next step...
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2010, 07:34:16 PM »
Good luck Janet!
Your work has been seemingly tireless in trying to preserve the collections of glass and glass heritage in the Black Country area, each stage has been carefully reported in the local newspapers, almost weekly. I hope your political campaign runs well as you seem sincere and commited to the area,

Robert (bOBA)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Will F

• Members
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2010, 07:53:33 PM »
Hey Janet
Good luck with the election, if you get through (I am sure that you will) I feel sure that the Glass Museum at Broadfield House will then be at the forefront of the agenda when it comes to local issues. Once you are on the inside, I am sure that you will be able to see the records (which should be publically available) that have been kept from the media because it might show what has really been going on.... Rah Rah Rah for Janet, go for it girl !!!
Will Fludgate
BSSG Chairman

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2010, 08:08:33 PM »
Great news Janet, and thanks for keeping us updated here. Good luck with the campaign!
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline aa

• Glass Professional
  • Members
    • http://www.adamaaronson.com
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2010, 09:33:10 AM »
Congratulations, Janet!  If every GMB member could persuade just one person to vote for you that would be almost 4000 votes!! So everyone should check their address books to see if they know anyone in your constituency... :)
Hello & Welcome to the Board! Sometimes my replies are short & succinct, other times lengthy. Apologies in advance if they are not to your satisfaction; my main concern is to be accurate for posterity & to share my limited knowledge
For information on exhibitions & events and to see images of my new work join my Facebook group
https://www.facebook.com/adamaaronsonglass
Introduction to Glassblowing course:a great way to spend an afternoon http://www.zestgallery.com/glass.

Offline Janet H

• Members
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2010, 01:34:52 PM »
Hi All,

Just to let everyone know we are having a 30th Anniversary Concert for Broadfield House Glass Museum on March 6th at Kingswinford Methodist Church Kingswinford DY6 9NP (we nearly didn't get here)

The 3 tier cake is ordered - the balloons are ready to be blown up -  all to celebrate a great museum and some of the best glass collections in the world!

Please email for further details. Please come along and help us celebrate!  :hiclp:

JH

Offline flyboy90

• Members
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2010, 06:05:49 PM »
Congrats Janet its what this Ward needs someone to speak the truth and support the glass heritage which the other shower dont seem to do! You have my vote and lots of others too.
Flyboy 90 :hiclp:

Offline Janet H

• Members
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2010, 09:00:30 PM »
Protest to be held at Broadfield House Glass Museum 29.1.10

Dudley Council voted on 12th October 2009 to work towards creating a museum of national importance for the Dudley Borough. In the opinion of many, this resolution has not been upheld and as a result negotiations have broken down.

The glass collections are a national treasure and Dudley Council has treated the museum, the collections and the people of the borough with disdain and contempt. In Birmingham we have a council supporting culture and in Dudley there is a cultural disaster about to happen.

JH

Offline Janet H

• Members
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2010, 03:05:28 PM »
Protest Update On Broadfield House Glass Museum

A successful protest was held at Broadfield House Glass Museum. It was well attended by the friends of Broadfield House Glass Museum, including the Chairman Barbara Beadman, local Lib Dem Councillor Lynn Boleyn, leader of Save Our Glass Heritage Campaign Janet Hendry and local people. The protest was held after talks between the council and interested glass parties of the museum broke down and the future of the collections is once again uncertain.

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2010, 09:19:01 PM »
If Dudley do not want the glass it might be time to find someone that would. No reason it should stay in the UK as long as it as assured of a permanent and accessible home. There are probably several museums in Europe, possibly even China, that would leap at such an opportunity. These days UK Museums seem to go for multimedia experiences to draw the crowds in and boost their 'performance' ratings. Culture has little value in that equation beyond its realisable commodity value and that is usually made elsewhere. Glass falls low down on virtually all museum agendas, look at the V&A displays!

I guess if the idea got taken up, the press would have a field day as there is nothing like stirring up a bit of national fervour to sell papers. It might also get the attention it deserves from Parliament which the local efforts do not seem to have managed to really stir up.

Offline aa

• Glass Professional
  • Members
    • http://www.adamaaronson.com
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2010, 09:31:05 PM »
If Dudley do not want the glass it might be time to find someone that would.

Dudley do want the glass. They just don't want to display it properly. They own most of it, with the exception of the loan collections. So moving it out of the borough is not really an option.

It might also get the attention it deserves from Parliament which the local efforts do not seem to have managed to really stir up.

Actually, this has been debated in Parliament, to the considerble embarassment of Dudley Council.

It's quite difficult to get anything debated in Parliament, so this was quite an achievement.
Hello & Welcome to the Board! Sometimes my replies are short & succinct, other times lengthy. Apologies in advance if they are not to your satisfaction; my main concern is to be accurate for posterity & to share my limited knowledge
For information on exhibitions & events and to see images of my new work join my Facebook group
https://www.facebook.com/adamaaronsonglass
Introduction to Glassblowing course:a great way to spend an afternoon http://www.zestgallery.com/glass.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand