No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: My Christmas Present  (Read 3546 times)

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
Re: My Christmas Present
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2010, 06:54:49 AM »
Nice little bowl, Ardy, says someone who likes these little pieces. They might not be great art, but they're reassuring. Didn't Galliano Ferro do bowls with the colour stopping below the rim?

My family has given up buying me presents of glass or books on glass, muttering something about it making them codependents.

David
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline ardy

• Members
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2010, 11:27:02 AM »
I think I am beyond that David. My partner is in the 'so what did you buy' mode, unless it is perfume bottles and then she wakes up and in full attendance she asks:

"What's it on for"
"Show me the enlargements"
"what's the shipping costs"
"Do you think it is real"
"I don't care, I just want it"

So the table turns, and instead of being a cost loss centre, I become an important team member.

Galliano Ferro has a similar shape and dual colours on http://www.20thcenturyglass.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=65_176

So you may have solved it for me. It certainly looks close.

You are brilliant David. I never thought we would get close to attributing this item gave up on it almost from the start. :hiclp:
Clean and Crisp a Murano twist.
Archimede tops my list.

Offline glasshunter

• Members
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2010, 04:33:21 AM »
i made a comment or observation 2 months ago about all the usual bowls out there i got scolded for it. i like the peaces with a little more excitement. Bart

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand