No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: carlo moretti satinato or repro?  (Read 19226 times)

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: carlo moretti satinato or repro?
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2010, 08:32:58 PM »
The green looks the right green and other satinato Morretti items have either clear frosted or same colour feet. Looks good to me.

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2010, 08:38:05 PM »
Anita, Pip, Christine, many thanks! 

I saw another the same day, a different shape but one that I haven't found on my searches, and a green which was a  cross between bottle and teal, sort of jade I suppose.  Might have to go back and get that one just to research it.

m

Offline dorian_graye

• Members
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2010, 11:47:51 PM »
I would think that over three pages of variations on this vase, there would be at least one example of the vase with the same color foot as the body.  Possibly, the exceptions that other members if the forum did not have the Rosenthal-Netter label still attached?

Offline Pip

• Members
    • Pips Trip Online Shop
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2010, 12:00:58 AM »
Possibly, the exceptions that other members if the forum did not have the Rosenthal-Netter label still attached?

I don't quite understand that sentence however you're aware I'm sure that Rosenthal-Netter were an American importer of Italian goods - not a manufacturer.

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2010, 02:48:28 AM »
Sounds like people are getting a bit hot under the collar,so I'd thought I'd add a bit,this is a piece I posted awhile ago,some one suggested Moretti but after research I could not find anything that had a gloss interior,excuse nasty chip on the foot(17.5 ins high)Keith.

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2010, 07:00:54 AM »
Flying Free's piece looks good to me. I looked at my pieces, which all have the clear satinized base, as do the ones pictured in Pina. However, all mine are Rosenthal Netter, as are Pina's. I wonder if Anita has hit the nail on the head when she suggests that the solid coloured ones are earlier, mid to late 50's. I think Rosenthal Netter are a little later. I know I have one that has "Sunset 64" on the label. At the same time, it would be interesting to know if anyone has seen a piece with a coloured bases with a label on it. Finally, if I saw Flying Free's piece on for a decent price, I'd buy it.

David
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2010, 08:48:02 AM »
Several of those i sold had the original Munich gold label and i believe the feet were same colour as the rest of the item and the latimo was strong and opaque i have had them many years, i have recently seen a few much thinner ones with insipid colours and the latimo very thin and see thru .

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2010, 01:11:22 PM »
Possibly, the exceptions that other members if the forum did not have the Rosenthal-Netter label still attached?

I don't quite understand that sentence however you're aware I'm sure that Rosenthal-Netter were an American importer of Italian goods - not a manufacturer.

I originally found the Rosenthal-Netter labels confusing, too, until I learned that RN marketed a lot of Moretti satinato.
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline Pip

• Members
    • Pips Trip Online Shop
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2010, 01:33:31 PM »
Thanks Anita :-) I'm aware of Rosenthal-Netter and their business activities - mainly through attempting to research Bitossi Pottery as opposed to glass - my confusion however was with the wording of Dorian's sentence.

I see that Jan from Glaskilian has handled and sold a fair bit of Moretti Satinato - I wonder if he can help clarify the coloured foot thing.  I still think the vase at the top of this thread is fine.

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2010, 02:11:39 PM »
The finish on flying free's vase reminds me of one that I have. GMB's Jurgen helped me identify my vase as a Moretti satinato decanter base from the late 50s. The thread for this decanter is at http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,23054.0.html. Somehow I later tracked down that the decanter was made in 1956-7. The finish on the decanter does not seem as smooth to me as some of the later pieces.
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand