No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: carlo moretti satinato or repro?  (Read 19226 times)

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
carlo moretti satinato or repro?
« on: January 01, 2010, 02:34:54 PM »
Either way it's very beautiful and has a minute chip in the base  ;D and cost me just 50p, but I'm interested to know so I can learn a bit more.
It is 12" high and the whole thing is satinised and green including the foot (from my reading I understood that these are normally clear? but then I saw one in 20th century glass DK which is yellow and seems to be entirely yellow including the foot).
Any help very much appreciated, or ideas on where to look for information on these and other Carlo Moretti satinato pieces.
Many thanks
m

Offline dorian_graye

• Members
Re: carlo moretti satinato or repro?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 02:49:23 PM »
The Moretti satinato pieces I've owned had a clear, frosted base.  Maybe someone else has owned or seen otherwise.  I really like these vases.  They look great in a cluster of different sizes and colors; very mod.

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2010, 05:40:59 PM »
You can look in ebay completed listings i have sold about eight pieces in the last two weeks they went quite cheaply,  still one on at the moment and one more to list . jp       I D   stgeorgio.2007  ~  sorry just rushing out

Offline Pip

• Members
    • Pips Trip Online Shop
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2010, 06:17:44 PM »
This shape and colour is absolutely fine for Carlo Moretti Satinato - I've had several in this shape, the last one  I owned was the standard pale blue in this shape.  I'm certain this one is alright. 

Here's one:-

http://www.pips-trip.co.uk/sold-glass-archives/italian-glass-1/showitem-MORETTIBLUE.aspx

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2010, 07:25:36 PM »
Thank you for your replies.

Dorian yes, the ones I have seen always seemed clear and satinised.
JP I did have a look at your sold pieces - beautiful! Thanks for that.

Pip, many thanks.   I found your blue one too  :) (you have  great search response as pips-trip always comes up on my searches for mostly everything :hiclp:) .  I was just wondering because I hadn't found any with the same- colour foot or the height.  However, it 'looks right' in the person as it were.  I am delighted.  I know it has a small chip in the foot but hey, I can hang on until I find a perfect one.  Thank you again.

m

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2010, 08:00:02 PM »
This shape and colour is absolutely fine for Carlo Moretti Satinato - I've had several in this shape, the last one  I owned was the standard pale blue in this shape.  I'm certain this one is alright. 

Here's one:-

http://www.pips-trip.co.uk/sold-glass-archives/italian-glass-1/showitem-MORETTIBLUE.aspx

What Pip said is right. Your vase looks like it could have been made in the late 1950s to me. Many of the pieces I see from that time are a single color and do not have the white (or other color) interior.
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline dorian_graye

• Members
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2010, 08:07:25 PM »
Not that this is a bible on Italian glass, but in Leslie Pina's book "Italian Glass: Century 20", there are three pages of varieties/variations on this vase and all have a clear or satin base.  I would be led to believe that the vases with the same color foot as the body would be reproductions.

Offline Pip

• Members
    • Pips Trip Online Shop
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2010, 08:11:36 PM »
Well of course you would. unless you owned one!

Offline dirk.

• Members
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2010, 08:17:24 PM »
Pip, I´ve missed you!  :kissy: A happy new year!
"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others." - Groucho Marx

...working on it...
https://picasaweb.google.com/108140812446658939096

Offline Pip

• Members
    • Pips Trip Online Shop
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2010, 08:19:39 PM »
 :kissy: backatcha Dirk.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia