No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Kosta Goran Warff "Polar"? Art Glass Sculpture  (Read 2891 times)

Offline jotz34

• Members
Kosta Goran Warff "Polar"? Art Glass Sculpture
« on: November 08, 2005, 12:36:38 PM »
Hi, I was wondering if anyone can help me determine a possible year(s) of a piece by Kosta artist Goran Warff (#67514). This piece weighs about 6.5 pounds and has a 20 inch diameter. I saw one online (colored glass) made by the artist but that was a little bigger with a 23" diameter, selling for a high price.  I paid $8.00 for mine and am just curious as to possible value (clear may not be as desirable as colored glass), or year of manufacture.  The first two pics are of my piece and the 3rd is the one I was referencing. I just joined and this is my first posting so if I am on the wrong page please let me know. Thanks very much
Jean

Mod: The tinypics have vanished.
Jean, Silver Spring, MD USA

Offline taylog1

• Members
    • 1950's Scandinavian glass
Kosta Goran Warff "Polar"? Art Glass Sculpture
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2005, 05:56:46 PM »
these bits are often Unik, hence the high prices - can't make out whether this is marked as such on yours ?

http://sindelarandobrien.com/warff_lava/warff_lava.htm

Offline jotz34

• Members
Goran Warff Polar Sculpture
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2005, 06:01:50 PM »
The markings on my piece are: Kosta #67514 Warff, in that order. There are no other markings. Thanks very much for your response,
Jean
Jean, Silver Spring, MD USA

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand