No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: pale blue "collared" bowl  (Read 1520 times)

Offline jakgene

• Members
  • Mrs Doasyouwouldbedoneby
    • Mid 20 Century glass
    • Australia
pale blue "collared" bowl
« on: January 03, 2010, 11:02:24 AM »
Hi all, and Happy New Year from Oz.

Have been to a collectors fair today, and bought this bowl. Almost clear glass, but just a hint of ice blue - which shows up in the side on view. 25 cm or approx 10 inches diameter,  7 cm or 2 3/4 inch high. beautifully finished polished base - no pontil mark. Any ideas ? Just looks scandinavian to me - or it could be Ikea?? I like it anyway. Doesn't look very old - very few wear marks to base. Any help appreciated.
Thanks JAK West Oz
jakgene
Western Australia
Mid 20 Century Glass
British Glass, Scandinavian Glass, Murano Glass,
Paperweights. (and anything gorgeous!)

Offline Pip

• Members
    • Pips Trip Online Shop
Re: pale blue "collared" bowl
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 11:24:32 AM »
Just a suggestion but a few months ago I bought a Schott-Zwiesel fruitbowl from a charity shop - it was still labelled and boxed - but I sold it very soon afterwards at a show before I had the chance to photograph it.  It was contemporary production and was similar in style and shape to your bowl, quite large also - but ours was a smokey grey colour.

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 11:47:32 AM »
Very possibly 'Kraveskål' / 'Collar Bowl' by Per Lütken for Holmegaard, designed in 1980. See:

http://www.zeitgeist-i.com/G-Dk-0179.html

But, as Pip indicates, it's a shape quite commonly used in contemporary glass and so would be quite hard to pin without an original label.

Offline jakgene

• Members
  • Mrs Doasyouwouldbedoneby
    • Mid 20 Century glass
    • Australia
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 12:44:47 PM »
Oh Pinkspoons you have made my day! I know it has no label, but that link is absolutely it! The quality just shines out of the real thing - very hard to tell on a photo! There was the gummy residue of a fairly large label (even in the same place!)  on it when I got it, but unfortunately nothing of the actual label left.

I have also checked google images for Schott Zweisel, but found nothing that comes close.

Thanks - a very happy JAK
West Oz
jakgene
Western Australia
Mid 20 Century Glass
British Glass, Scandinavian Glass, Murano Glass,
Paperweights. (and anything gorgeous!)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum