No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: ID request on green blown molded cup with nudes H248 ID = Erik Höglund for Boda  (Read 2786 times)

Offline post modern nut

• Members
We have a set of 8 of these and have only seen 1 other and it was blue.  The base is ground and polished on some, on some others, just the pontil is ground and polished.  Written in script is H248.  The black number you see is our collection id number.  The figures are all nudes, 3 female and 1 male.  We have never been able to identify the maker, our closest guess is northern European.  As always, any help is greatly appreciated, many thanks.
Jack
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f228/ritters3/italiancoffeeset1/100_5563.jpg
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f228/ritters3/italiancoffeeset1/100_5562.jpg
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f228/ritters3/italiancoffeeset1/100_5564.jpg
If you use it, someone designed it.

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Re: ID request on green blown molded cup with nudes marked H248
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 07:54:33 PM »
This is a design by Erik Hoglund and I believe made by Boda. I have one in amber, nice to see them in another colour.  :mrgreen:

John

Edit: interesting to note yours are not uniform, the few amber ones I have seen also had subtle and not so subtle differences.

Offline post modern nut

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 08:04:50 PM »
WOW, that couldn't have been faster.  Thank you very much John.  Do you have any idea on time frame?
Jack
If you use it, someone designed it.

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 09:10:15 PM »
Not so quick this time Jack. ;D

Hoglund designed for Boda from 1953 to 1973, I do not know when this was designed and for how long they were made. My guess would be a design from his earlier rather than later years at Boda, only because the 3 digit design number (248) seems fairly low in the range I have seen. I have to stress this is just a guess.

There are other members of the GMB with greater knowledge of Mr Hoglund's work (and more reference materials too :mrgreen:) who may be able to be more specific. 

John

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 12:51:59 PM »
A couple of years ago i saw a set of six shot glasses without handles in amber , i regret not buying them .

Offline Cathy B

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • The Crown Crystal Glass Company of Australia

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Six of these in amber are up for auction on ebay at present, one still retains a sticker with "Erik Hoglund" on it, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270509931650&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

The seller is not known to me.

John

Offline Daniel S

• Members
your guess is correct. Its a early designed stemware series, but it was in production for a long time.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand