Author Topic: thought they might be Scandinavian - ID = Riihimaen Lasi Oy, Finland  (Read 702 times)

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
I have searched for months for this vase (and the 2nd one posted in the next post) and found nothing exactly the same however recently one has been put on a site with a possible attribution to Tamara Aladin I think?  I have never found it confirmed as TA.    It is 10" high  with the base being 3" wide and the vase is 3 3/4" at it's widest point.  It has a thick casing at the base but the the rim of the vase is only 1mm thick.  In a way it is very like the Aseda bamboo vase in terms of the casing and thickness of the glass.  It definitely isn't as weighty as the Bo Borgstrom Aseda vase I have nor the glass anywhere near as substantial or thick.  Can anyone help please?  Your ideas/thoughts/knowledge much appreciated.

Many thanks
m

Offline Della

• Members
  • happy, happy, happy....... ;-)

Most definitely Riihimaen Lasi Oy, Finland....  ;D
Enjoying being in the Midlands.......some people are just amazing....
xx

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
And once again many thanks Della!   :)
These were two of the first vases I bought when I started a few years ago, so I am very pleased that I chose well (although they came along with some pretty awful stuff as well of course ;D).

m

Search
eBay.com
eBay.co.uk

Link to Glass Encyclopedia
Link to Glass Museum
Enter
key words
to search
Amazon.com
This Website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand