No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: thought they might be Scandinavian - ID = Riihimaen Lasi Oy, Finland  (Read 2312 times)

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
I have searched for months for this vase (and the 2nd one posted in the next post) and found nothing exactly the same however recently one has been put on a site with a possible attribution to Tamara Aladin I think?  I have never found it confirmed as TA.    It is 10" high  with the base being 3" wide and the vase is 3 3/4" at it's widest point.  It has a thick casing at the base but the the rim of the vase is only 1mm thick.  In a way it is very like the Aseda bamboo vase in terms of the casing and thickness of the glass.  It definitely isn't as weighty as the Bo Borgstrom Aseda vase I have nor the glass anywhere near as substantial or thick.  Can anyone help please?  Your ideas/thoughts/knowledge much appreciated.

Many thanks
m

Offline Della

• Members
  • Addicted to glass!
    • Costa Teguise, Lanzarote

Most definitely Riihimaen Lasi Oy, Finland....  ;D
If I know, I'll comment. If I think I know, I'll have a go. If I have no idea, I'll just keep quiet and learn from others, so the next time I'll know.

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
And once again many thanks Della!   :)
These were two of the first vases I bought when I started a few years ago, so I am very pleased that I chose well (although they came along with some pretty awful stuff as well of course ;D).

m

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand