No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: request for id for 'goldfish bowl'  (Read 828 times)

Offline Paul S.

• Members
request for id for 'goldfish bowl'
« on: January 05, 2010, 09:17:10 PM »
Sorry if this is a bit obvious  -  but both of my Miller's books are presently out on loan (moral of the story is don't lend books, because pound to a penny you will THEN need them) - but I'm sure that this design occurs in one of their volumes.     Quite a nice ice blue  -  optically ribbed  -  and about 135mm tall, with a plain flat base (with quite a lot of wear as you can see)  -  the top rim is ground.   Not sure what it wud have been used for - perhaps for minnows or maybe flowers?  ;).  With that sort of wear looks as tho it might date to the 50s or 60s maybe.   Grateful if anyone does recognize the design, and thanks for looking, and if it is English, thanks in advance to the Mod for moving the post.     Paul S.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Pressed Glass 1840-1950
    • Hamburg, Germany
    • http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de
Re: request for id for 'goldfish bowl'
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 10:25:13 PM »
Hi Paul,

http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de/vasen/02434.html

If I remember it right, it was Ivo (who else? :-*) who attributed mine to possibly Maastricht

:D
Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.
Alfred Lichtwark (1852-1914)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 02:56:46 PM »
thanks for your speedy reply Pamela  -  and the similarity is certainly very strong, so I will go with your (Ivo's) probable attribution unless there is anything to the contrary.    By the way, as a kind of thanks for your wonderful encyclopeadic site which helps us Brits. with much of the continental pieces we turn up  -  wish to send something to you which you identified for me earlier last year:  "VSL sugar 1913th catalogue, planche (page) 15 - service HAMBOURG - shape # 26".    Occasionally, I need to thin out, and have decided not to pursue any more VSL material  -  as space is limited ;D    If you wud like this piece please do tell me the address for the museum.     cheers     Paul S.

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Hamburg, Germany
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 03:05:47 PM »
Paul, this is really generous, thank you !  :kissy:

'arminewa' mailed the postage address preferred  :chky:
Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 03:31:46 PM »
o.k. - will do.   Sending message to you very soon.     Paul S.

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Hamburg, Germany
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2010, 07:23:23 PM »
 :girlcheer:  Hi Paul,

VSL HAMBOURG arrived in fine condition at the office while we were away in South America  :chky:

Thank you so very much for donating this beautiful quality piece of glass !   :hug:

:fwr:
Pamela

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2010, 10:05:08 PM »
Hi Pamela  -  glad to hear it arrived safely.   Just a bit for 'entente cordiale'.    Paul S.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand