No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Need your help dating this Murano Cenedese Free Form Chick..  (Read 3047 times)

Offline tam bam

• Members
Re: Need your help dating this Murano Cenedese Free Form Chick..
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2010, 11:30:52 PM »
I would like to make a correction.  I said Cesar Toffolo (I guess I have this furnance on my mind today for some reason) but I meant to say Cesare Toso. 

tam bam

Offline westred

• Members
  • Real Murano ONLY comes from Murano, Italy!
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2010, 12:32:54 AM »
tam tam............Thanks for your insight!  The more I read and study about the Italian Glass Masters (maestros), the more I am impressed!  I really wish I could visit Murano, Italy and seen them in action.....I have seen many videos and clips on YouTube.  I also own a couple of Dale Chihuly DVDs.  One of them has (and I forget the names) Chihuly working with a couple of Master blowers from Murano, that he had worked and learned from in the past.  I have never seen anyone work the hot molten glass like these two experts!  They turned a blob of hot glass into a lobster and in another design they made quite a few Cherubs in the same manner.  Blows my mind how these wizards can almost "see" the form they want to create and just pull, sling, twist, and blow, and turn the hot glass into what they imagine.  Absolute magic, in my eyes!!!!!   :tof:
westred......yea, ya betcha!

And God said, "Let the weights hold down the papers!"

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2010, 12:59:19 AM »
They were Pino Signoretto and Lino Tagiliapietra. They teach at the Pilchuck School often. Pino's my absolute favorite. Lino's work can only be described as exquisite.
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand