No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: My life in a snow globe.  (Read 960 times)

Offline Gentle Giant

• Members
My life in a snow globe.
« on: January 10, 2010, 11:21:05 PM »
Hi everyone I have only recently found this site while researching a piece of glass for sale.  I have worked in auctions for most of my life and have always enjoyed glassware.
I hope you do not mind a non serious post ;D
I just thought I would share an image with you all. I just bought a paperweight because I liked the deep red colour. It is nothing special but I just liked it, no other reason.

Anyway I took some photographs of it to put it up for sale and when adjusting the amount of light a spooky image appeared.

An image of myself and my surroundings trapped within the glass. There must be a story there somewhere waiting to be written.
I might just keep it after all.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline keith

• Members
Re: My life in a snow globe.
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 12:28:56 AM »
Welcome,beautiful colour,Gentle Giant,strange name or fan of the band?Keith.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Gentle Giant

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 10:42:12 PM »
Excuse my ignorance. I did not realise there is such a band. The name came about from a dear friend of mine. We share the same hobby, Historical recovery and recording or Metal Detecting. When we first met and she appeared through a hedge in the field to find me. She was just a wee Scottish lass and I was 21 stone and 6'. When she did a write up for a piece of Saxon gold she mentioned meeting this gentle giant of a man and it stuck.  :rn: Real name Terry

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 01:35:47 AM »
Please,no excuse required,I'd have been surprised if you or many others had heard of them;metal detecting,something I thought about years ago always hoping for a pot of ancient celtic coins now a big find of glass for peanuts would do me,Keith.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand