Glass Identification - Post here for all ID requests > Glass

mdina I think - obelisk I think - any idea of date please

(1/6) > >>

flying free:
Hi
I know I MUST get a copy of Mark Hill's book at some point (I have had 20th century glass for Christmas and Marcus' book as well :angel:) but since I only have 3 pieces of Mdina, for the moment I have to wait.  
Could I ask yet again for some help on a Mdina (I think from my searching?) piece please?

I think this is described as an obelisk but could it be a pyramid?  What is it named really?  It is 8.5" tall and has a polished flat base no signature.  When did these stop being produced ( obtuse question which could be reworded to 'does anyone know what period this may be from'  ;D) ?

The colour of this has led me to think my Carafe is green, rather than blue.  But then as I say, I know nothing...however having stood this next to the side stripe and also the carafe, I would say the side stripe is turquoise, the carafe green based and this piece, dark turquoise or teal.  Or am I barking up the wrong tree in that they are from different ranges anyway?
Another question, would that make the carafe an earlier piece if it did turn out to be green based? rather than blue?

Any help very much appreciated and many thanks in advance  :)
m

Andy:
Hi m,
In Marks book they are called obelisks, 1970s-90s.
I think they were made in many sizes, i have 7.5, 9.5 and 11.5 inches, i havent seen many of the larger
ones.
i should think the carafe is 1970s/80s.
Cheers
Andy

(ive added a pic)

suzygpr:
Andy's quite right, Mdina obelisk, late 70's-90's.  Not made during Michael Harris' time. Have a few myself all around the same height, though have seen a couple that were around a foot tall.

Suzy

flying free:
Thank you both  :)
Andy they look great together.  Do they come in other colours/mixes or was it just this teal colour? 

'though have seen a couple that were around a foot tall'  :o  WOW!  they must be stunning. 

m

suzygpr:
The taller ones are bigger in proportion all over, seriously heavy!

Most come in the teal colour but have also seen an ochre coloured one.

Pic of a couple of mine
http://picasaweb.google.com/guinearescue/SuzySGlass#5314916074261732370

Circa Glass - this one is 27cmH
http://www.circaglass.co.uk/phdi/p2.nsf/popup?readform&sup=circa&img=E205b.JPG

Suzy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version