No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Seguso Vetri d'Arte Vase Black & Blue Sommerso...  (Read 3025 times)

Offline kane_u_pain

• Members
  • I don't prood read or spell check!
    • SVdA, Japanese Glass
    • Sydney, Australia
Seguso Vetri d'Arte Vase Black & Blue Sommerso...
« on: January 22, 2010, 08:45:50 AM »
Thought I would post this here before it gets packed away as i will be moving in about 7 months and want to list as many pieces here as possible and have everything packed extremely well! I don't want any breakages on the big journey to the other side of the country. And to also help anyone else who might have an non labeled piece...

Not much to say really! 25cm in height, 12.5cm x 12.5cm, about 4 or so kilograms. Black and dark blue sommerso (forgive my colour descriptions). To describe the effect on the piece would be like a chunk of wood. The interesting thing about this piece which I did not notice on the listing and I also cannot take pics of is this strange spiral effect that starts from the bottom and wraps itself around the piece up to the top. When i first noticed it i thought the piece was cracked in shipment, but then noticed it seemed like someone had taken a diamond and cut into the glass. Strangely it is actually part of the glass itself and not a defect! It really adds a great effect to the piece. A superb piece.

Has the SVdA label with the number V8- (unreadable). Absolutely love this piece.  :thup:

Offline ardy

• Members
Re: Seguso Vetri d'Arte Vase Black & Blue Sommerso...
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 11:23:50 PM »
Looks like one of the great SVdA bits from Design and Arts. Is this true? Some of the stuff they have is so unusual, I find myself taking second and third looks at them because most of them you don't see in books.

Makes you realise how wide the Murano glass blowers go in their art.
Clean and Crisp a Murano twist.
Archimede tops my list.

Offline kane_u_pain

• Members
  • I don't prood read or spell check!
    • SVdA, Japanese Glass
    • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 12:34:01 AM »
Yes Ardy, is from Design and Arts. Was going for a good price so i decided to snap it up and the piece is definitely to my style. I do the same as well when checking out D&A's pieces. Sometimes looking more than 3 times! Some extraordinary glass.

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2015, 01:49:17 PM »
Update

According to Heiremans great book:

the water optic ("resina a corteccia") range was designed by Mario Pinzoni around 1966.

Michael

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand