No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Information needed on this KOSTA peice  (Read 3761 times)

Offline andy666

• Members
Information needed on this KOSTA peice
« on: January 25, 2010, 10:30:42 AM »
Just got this KOSTA seal/sealion , it has got the gold sticker on and also is etched on the base KOSTA and also WORLD WILDLIFE FUND LIMITED EDITION . Just wondered when they were produced and in what numbers as i have tried searching for the peice and found nothing out about the peice .

It is a stunning peice and i only paid £15 for it and wondered if i got a good deal for the peice ? Any info on the item would be greatful .

Offline andy666

• Members
Re: Information needed on this KOSTA peice
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 07:26:25 PM »
I have seen other pieces for the WWF by KOSTA designed by Paul Hoff in the 70s and 80s but i have not seen this piece and that they were limited to 8000 . So i still have no idea when this model came out and also the etching on the bottom is different to the ones that i have seen after googling kosta and world wildlife fund ?

So any idea of the year will be helpful!

Offline andy666

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 06:41:47 PM »
Any help please as iam pulling my hair out in regards to what year and also if i got a deal on this . ANYBODY PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 07:02:09 PM »
Patience please, we don't all know everything and we don't all visit everyday. Sometimes it takes years to get an ID or even a piece of information.

Offline andy666

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 07:06:33 PM »
Ok and thanks for the reply its just that i have been searching and i am now staring to bang my head against a wll as i can find other pieces for the WWF  but not this one , so i will wait and hope that someone has any idea of this one as i am sure that they will  :mrgreen:

Offline Daniel S

• Members
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2010, 09:18:45 PM »
I think they made them during the late 70's. You similar very often on swedish auctions and they dont cost much.

Offline Glas Vasen

• Members
    • Glas Vasen and more
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2010, 08:22:39 PM »
Hello Andy

World Wildlife Found (WWF) of the series will be added to every year with a new crystal sculpture of animal threatened by extinction.
Limit number of sculpture are on 4000 and 8000.

I got 11 pieces with a Certificate (See photos), my oldest is a Falcon from 1975

Designer from Kosta
  • Paul Hoff
  • Göran Wärff

• If I got more info I’ll it post in here.

Best sergio

Best
    Sergio

http://glas-vasen.ch
    Glass vases gallery Invite you.     P.S.  do not forget to use your scroll wheel

Offline ahremck

• Members
    « Reply #7 on: August 29, 2010, 12:50:33 AM »
    I suggest you simply email Kosta Boda, politely, I have found them most helpful in the past.

Ross
    I bamle all snileplg eorrrs on the Cpomuter Kyes.  They confuse my fingers !!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
    Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
    link to glass encyclopedia
    Visit the Online Glass Museum
    link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand