No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: multi nipple vase, looks a bit like a dalek, scandi ?? ID = Pukeberg  (Read 4241 times)

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
Hi all picked this up at a little flea market, as i quite liked it, unusual thing.
The glass at the top is smooth with a nice feel (looks and feels like arts and crafts beaten metal), the lower half has a multi nipple effect, kinda like a darlek.
The base is flat with a slight rippled effect, pleanty of consistant i believe genuine age wear.
The first thing that came to mind when i held it was Erik Hoglund and Kosta, but i have nothing apart from an instant reaction if that make sense
It stands at 19cms tall, 7.25cms across  and weighs in at 620g.
Nice quality glass, no signiatures or markings unfortunitly
any ideas peps
thanks michelle

Offline Greg.

• Members
Re: multi nipple vase ;0), clear glass, looks a bit like a darlek, scandi ??
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 05:53:00 PM »
possibly czech..?

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 08:44:02 PM »
Strongly similar to a piece by Ladislaw Palacek for Skrdlovice (Ceske Sklo, auction catalogue, p. 44, where it's listed as being by Vizner, but corrected on GMB by Jindrich). As Jindrich is no longer contributing, perhaps, BoBA might know, as I wouldn't call my suggestion anything like an attribution.

David
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 09:08:28 PM »
thanks for that guys, gives me a direction to start looking, i will email robert and get him to take a look see what he thinks.
why is Jindrich not contributting anymore, did i miss something??
michelle

Offline bOBA

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 10:02:07 PM »
I can see some similarity, but like David, I would hesitate to attribute this to Palecek, he did not make any completely clear glass pieces for Skrdlovice in the year of the design you mention, as far as I know. For the height of this piece I would have thought under 700g for 18 cms a bit too lightweight for Skrdlovice vases generally. It is a nice design that should one day be identifiable. You know your glass quite well Michelle, maybe your nose towards Scandinavia may be correct, or be Czech, glass research is always interesting, there should be a clear result on this one, within Europe at least ...

Robert (bOBA)

Offline paulbowen

• Members
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 03:32:53 PM »
The proper spelling is Dalek, which is an anagram for Kaled.     :)

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2010, 03:40:27 PM »
sorry im only 30 so the whole doctor who thing kinda missed my generation (Sylvester McCoy 1987-1989, before that i was a bit too young to watch and after that i was always out and didnt watch alot of TV), although my mum is absolutly bonkers on it, my sons only 5 so the new series is a bit old for him really.

Thanks Robert for checking it out for me, hopefully will find something on it, or somebody will come along with a definate answer

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2010, 10:43:48 PM »
Hi all
I have just been informed that this vase was designed by uno westerberg for Pukeberg, the very kind gentleman who informed me has a stickered one at home.
There is another mystery solved
would one of the wonderful mods adjust title and pop in scandi board
many thanks
michelle

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand