No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Walther and sohnne art-deco advice needed please  (Read 2420 times)

Offline BRADBURY7308

• Members
Walther and sohnne art-deco advice needed please
« on: January 27, 2010, 07:39:04 PM »
Wonder if somebody may be able to advise me on a couple of walther and sohnne questions i have a small collection now of walther pieces a couple of the winsor range a clock and the windsor vase and have recently purchased a set of the pierrot und pierrette candle stick all in uranium my question is:
the candlesticks are the ones with the lady with the fan and the man with the mandolin, the seller has a dressing table set that matches the candlesticks : would the candlesticks have been with the dressing table set or seperate? as the vendor says they are mainly jars etc on a tray and in the loft at present.  what would be a fair price to offer on a dressing table set in this design in un-damaged condition? i know this is a hard question but i would much rather try and collect a set that is rare which i believe the pierrott set is rarer than the windsor im kinda thinking for the future here. Not for quick profit! Hope pamela or lustroustone read this, :huh:

Offline glassaddict

• Members
Re: Walther and sohnne art-deco advice needed please
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 09:52:05 PM »

Offline glassaddict

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 09:58:03 PM »
Forgot to add there is also a discussion on this board from a few years ago that tells the pieces that should be in the set too. Some interesting info about rarity :)

http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,7666.0.html

Hil :)

Offline BRADBURY7308

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 09:15:27 AM »
Hi and thankyou for the links youve supplied most interesting  :hiclp:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum