No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Signed Holmegaard Vase 15391  (Read 9317 times)

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
Signed Holmegaard Vase 15391
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2005, 12:12:44 AM »
Most fairs/boots this month seem to be very much a buyer's market, though. The drizzle and cold is even driving the dealers off, so a lot of the sellers hardy enough to put up with the weather and lack of customers are willing to really drop their prices just to make a sale, which is why my suncatchers only cost £2.50 - £5 each!  Yay.

I think I prefer to sell online with my prices unaffected by dark, wet and windy mornings, and go to the fairs just to snap up the bargains. Greedy capitalist? Moi? :D  :twisted:

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2005, 06:38:13 AM »
Quote from: Tigerchips
I think the only other signed piece that I had was, um, i've forgotten the name. It might begin with a "Kirk" and it's probably Scottish and the firm definetly makes paperweights. Anyway, it was thick glass and clear with blue wavey lines. Signed on the base "Kirk.... 1979".  :)

Kirkhill Glass? http://www.scotlandsglass.com/People/Kirkhill.htm <---- Mod: Dead link

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2005, 10:26:45 PM »
Judging by the one on Ebay I think Selkirk signed there glass with "Selkirk" followed by a date.
One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine. William Hartnell

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand