No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Czech Republic, Prague - Czech Glass 1940s to 1980s Auction November 22, 2009  (Read 8204 times)

Offline kerameumcz

• Members
Auction sale "Czech Glass 1940s to 1980s, A Private Collection, Part I" in Prague, Czech Republic on November 22, 2009, at 1:30 p.m., Palais Žofín, Slovanský ostrov, Prague 1, Czech Republic. Catalogue foreword by Milan Hlaves, PhD from the Arts and Crafts Museum in Prague, text by Jan Kana. ISBN: 978-80-254-5636-1.

Preview in Prague, November 15 to November 21, 2009 at Galerie u Betlémské kaple, Betlémské nám. 8, Prague 1, and one hour before the auction at Palais Žofín.

Offering some 150 pieces of post-war Czech glass (blown and free formed, cut and engraved, pressed and molded glass) by following Czech glass artists:

Beránek Emanuel, Beránek Jan, Brabec Jiří, Cvrček Josef, Černý Jan, Exnar Jan, Filip MiloÅ¡, Foltýn Petr, Gabrhel Jan, HanuÅ¡ Václav, Hlava Pavel, Honzik Stanislav st., Hora Petr, Horáček, Václav, Hospodka Josef, Janků Miloslav, Ježek Pavel, Juda Pavel, Jurnikl Rudolf, Klinger Miroslav, Kotík Jan, Lichtágová Vlasta, Lipský Oldřich, LiÅ¡ková Věra, Machovská Hana, Matura Adolf, Metelák Milan, Novák Břetislav st., Oliva Ladislav st., Paleček Ladislav, Pečený FrantiÅ¡ek, Pravec Josef, Roubíček René, Roubíčková MiluÅ¡e, Rozinek Josef, Řepásek Jiří, Schrötter Rudolf, Smrčková Ludvika, Stáhlíková Maria, Svoboda Jaroslav, Svobodová Miloslava, Å uhájek Jiří, Å varc Josef, Taraba Jaroslav, Urban Vladislav, Vízner FrantiÅ¡ek, Wünsch Karel, Zejmon Jiří, Zemek FrantiÅ¡ek, Zentner Karel, Žertová Jiřina.

Part of the collection exhibited at Designblok 09 in Prague, Czech Republic. October 6 to 11, 2009, Superstudio Classic 7, Jankovcova 49, Prague 7, Czech Republic  (www.designblok.cz)

A copy of the auction catalogue can be ordered and paid using Paypal at  www.czechglass1940sto1980s.com .

Offline Jindra8526

• Members
Czech glass Sypka auction catalogue
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 09:56:47 AM »
Dear Czech glass friends,
you probably will find at web the advertisiment for auction Sypka catalogue (www.czechglass1940sto1980s.com). Electronic form of catalogue you can see at http://www.sypka.cz/aukce-sa22%20sklo/a46/p1/sa4/sd1/

I would like to warn you, I have found in this catalogue 10 serious mistakes, possibly somebody with more skills will be able to discover another ones. I contacted auction house by mail two months ago explaining them the errors. When nothing has happened I personaly visited the auction house on 20/11 - two day before auction - trying to help them fix founded bugs. My oppinion had not been accepted, only my direct call to Mr. Vizner had helped to fix some wrong attributions of his pieces but not in catalogue, only at auction. I am absolutely disgusted with auction house and Mr. Kana behavior, they are sppreading around the world attribution mistakes. Catalogue that contains more than 10% errors cannot be seriously accepted.

Here are found mistakes:
Vase 1 (both)  FrantiÅ¡ek Vízner - Sklo Union -  Heřmanova huť 1962 - pattern 20053
Vase 2 - top row left - Jiří Brabec - Sklo Union - Rosice 1981 - pattern 5226/23,5
Vase 2 - top row right - Jiří Brabec - Sklo Union - Rosice 1978 - pattern 5201/15
Vase 93 - never Å krdlovice Svobodová but, Josef Hospodka , Chřibská pattern 273 a Josef Hospodka - see Glasrevue 1966/9
Vase 105 - not Vizner but Ladislav Paleček 1975 - pattern 7514
Vase and ashtray 36  -  FrantiÅ¡ek Å pinar, Å krdlovice
Vase 114 – not Vizner possibly Hanuš
Bowl 114 - Rudolf Jurnikl
Vase 121 - pattern 6042 - Mária Stáhlíková + Marie Velíšková – 1962, not Žertová
Bowl 122 – surely not Žertová and not 1959 – I am looking for correct attribution now

Jindrich

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Posts moved to Books forum and merged into one topic for completeness
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline Jindra8526

• Members
Thank you Anne, this is the best solution.
Jindrich

Offline Jindra8526

• Members
Another mistake found:

Vase 13 - not Skrdlovice and Beranek but Chribska pattern 145/2/32 - not 1959 but Made in Czech republic - it means after 1992.

Jindrich

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand