No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Blue deco piece - ID = Czechoslovakian, Carl Stölzle und Sohne, Hermanshütte  (Read 1994 times)

Offline keith

• Members
Found another,pale blue 10.75 inches across,thankyou Pamela,what a wonderful website,
                                                                                                                   Keith.

Offline Cathy B

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • The Crown Crystal Glass Company of Australia
Re: Hortensja?Poland
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 11:32:10 PM »
No, it's Sklo Union. It's somewhere on the database that goes with Sklo Union Art Before Industry, Marcus Newhall. I don't have the time to look it up for you though. Crown Crystal made a lookalike pattern as well (just for the record).

Edited to add: Actually, better correct that. It's probably Sklo Union, but there are so many variations  of these around that there could have been many other manufacturers who copied, as well as Crown.

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 01:05:06 AM »
If it is the Sklo Union one it would be by Carl Stölzle glassworks production, later known as Heřmanova Huť, part of the Sklo Union group in Czechoslovakia.

Pattern 18955 - size = 27.5cm (10¾")

Info from the database CD which accompanies the book Marcus Newhall: Sklo Union Art Before Industry: 20th Century Czech Pressed Glass.
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 01:06:05 AM »
Thanks Cathy,the one I saw was a slightly different shape but thought it was just a variant,shall have to add that book to my ever growing list,Keith.

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2010, 01:09:51 AM »
Thanks Anne,Sklo Union,Czech not Polish,probably,ta,
                                                                  Keith.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand