No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Help identifying Orrefors style vase  (Read 1655 times)

Offline pgf925s

• Members
Help identifying Orrefors style vase
« on: February 07, 2010, 08:59:09 PM »
I have been racking my brain on line to try to identify. Thank you for your help. I'm not the best photographer but I hope these pictures will work.

The vase is of an angelfish with plants and air bubbles.The vase is very thick, 7" tall x 5 3/4" wide x 4 1/4" deep.

The name looks like Bill ----- and the numbers appear to be 943-345 and are on the left side of the bottom of the vase.

The other numbers are 2694 and are on the back side bottom of the vase, slightly off center.

Any help identifiying the artist, verifying whether this is Orrefors, age, and possible value would be greatly appreciated.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline janton77

• Members
Re: Help identifying Orrefors style vase
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 10:18:39 PM »
Hi Pgf925s

It's a Kjellander Vase, there is info within this board relating to Kjellander and this piece would have been copper wheeled engraved by one of the brothers.
Dating them is difficult and Bill might be able to help? I would guess 1950/60's

Regards

J

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
Re: Help identifying Orrefors style vase
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 02:49:12 AM »
The style certainly looks like Kjellander, but what is the signature? I'm presuming the vase is a Kosta blank.

David
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand