No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Large Cane & Latticino Vase  (Read 1701 times)

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
Large Cane & Latticino Vase
« on: February 08, 2010, 03:02:20 AM »
There was an interesting vase that came off auction on eBay tonight. It is number 250572987612. The vase reminds me of some of the vases made by Anzolo Fuga, but the canes didn't look as flat as Fuga normally does. This loooks to me like it was a good vase, so someone may have gotten a bargain. Does anyone have any ideas about this vase? I started to bid, but held my paddle because I didn't know what it was.
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline kane_u_pain

• Members
  • I don't prood read or spell check!
    • SVdA, Japanese Glass
    • Sydney, Australia
Re: Large Cane & Latticino Vase
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 03:48:22 AM »
The weird thing is, when I looked at the vase it reminds me of the 'Dino Martens' pitcher  :spls: Can't help you with this one but it is a nice (although) odd looking piece.

-Added later due to work distractions - noticed the item location as Sao Paulo, Brazil. Could be a concern?

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 04:38:26 AM »
Being from Sao Paulo is a plus. There is a lot of money and a lot of good glass in Sao Paulo. Some of the best glass is bought by people there. Sellers in the area often offer things that I don't see in the USA, but I can tell they are good quality. The products probably differ because of the different tastes of the importers at the time. The vase in the listing seems to be made carefully, but I would have liked a better look at the rim. The angle of the pictures is rather clumsy, making it look like bits of latticino continue through the clear glass. I figured out that we were really seeing the latticino on the other side of the base. I wrote the seller to ask how heavy the glass was, but he/she was apparently away from the vase at the moment, so told me he/she would try to get back with the answer.
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline kane_u_pain

• Members
  • I don't prood read or spell check!
    • SVdA, Japanese Glass
    • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 04:53:23 AM »
Maybe another gem lost to someone else then! It is a shame the seller could did not get back to you in time to help you with your decision on bidding more for it. I might have to locate some sellers in Sao Paulo and see what they have on offer. Hope you can get more info on this piece. Bit colourful for me but it still a interesting piece to look at.

Offline ardy

• Members
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 05:50:19 AM »
Yes I saw this one as well and watched it out of interest. I was sure it wasn't an A.Seguso piece so didnt bid on it. Interesting piece though.

I bought a piece about a year ago from south america and although the shipping to Australia was high the dealer was excellent, the piece genuine and it was very well packaged.
Clean and Crisp a Murano twist.
Archimede tops my list.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand