No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Rooster - Murano?  (Read 3455 times)

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
Rooster - Murano?
« on: February 09, 2010, 01:22:16 AM »
Hi, I bought this today too.  He is about 10 inches tall (top of tail), 7.5 inches tall to top of his comb, and about 5.5 inches long. I am hoping that it is Murano.  His innards are of the satiny color red -- Much like this other (swan) one I had posted here a couple years ago:  http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,19501.0.html  (Gee, never got an ID on that one either).  Hope someone can tell me about both of these now....

Thanks.

:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
Re: Rooster - Murano?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 08:35:26 AM »
**A polite Bump on this **  No replies?  Gee, my rooster needs a Name... :spls:

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 11:25:25 AM »
Gee, my rooster needs a Name...
Roast  :24:

Offline tam bam

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 06:44:49 PM »
Hi Rose,

I recognize the base as being Murano in origin.  It probably had a "Genuine Venetian Glass" label on it at one time.  I too have a rooster (different colors) that has this same base with the label still attached.  My rooster is what I am basing my opinion on.  Hope this helps.   

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2010, 10:04:42 AM »
Hi Rose,

I recognize the base as being Murano in origin.  It probably had a "Genuine Venetian Glass" label on it at one time.  I too have a rooster (different colors) that has this same base with the label still attached.  My rooster is what I am basing my opinion on.  Hope this helps.   

Hi Tam Bam:
Believe you are right -- as I found this link with a base that looks the same, and that one does have the "Genuine Venetian Glass" label on it.  So I assuming also, that this at one time -- must (may) have had that label too.

The link HERE

Offline tam bam

• Members
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2010, 12:26:59 PM »
Yes, that is it Rose!  I do wonder what company actually made these pieces with the "Geniune Venetian Glass" label.  I am sure that a particular company or companies made them.  I just wish a piece would show up with the company label on it with the "Geniune Venetian Glass" label. 

tam bam

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2010, 06:18:10 AM »
Yes, that is it Rose!  I do wonder what company actually made these pieces with the "Geniune Venetian Glass" label.  I am sure that a particular company or companies made them.  I just wish a piece would show up with the company label on it with the "Geniune Venetian Glass" label. 

tam bam

Here are some *update photos* of the pearlized Red/Gold inside this Rooster.  Added for reference as the inside it like the Glass Swan I also posted.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand